cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stability study for new material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i have to carry out stability study for a new material which come for trial.

please guide the steps

thanks in advance

kailash thakkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

In the SAP Library, it is well explained on stability study, read the documentation to understand the concept & procedure.

I am giving some basic things for your quick understanding.

1. Define the Storage Conditions & Primary Pacckaging in QM customization & maintain the numbber ranges for stability study maitenance plans in Plant Maintenance (PM) customization

2. Craete your Maintenance Strategy & corresponding maintenance packages (Consult with your Plant Maintenance Experts (IP11))

3. Craete Separate inspection plans for different storage conditins (QP01)

4. Assign the Maintenance Strategy to the Header of the above inspection plans using Engineering Work Bench (CWBQM)

5. Assign the corresponding maintenance packages to the operations of the above inspection plans using Engineering Work Bench (CWBQM)

6. Create the stabilty study (QST01 or QM01) & follow the user friendly steps given in the transaction.

7. Change Stability study using QM02

8. Schedule the maintenance plan of the stability study with IP30 (Consult with your Plant Maintenance Experts )

Please note that the above steps are given only to give the basic idea to start activity. You will come across lot of isseus which may need QM & PM expertise.

With Best Regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks vithal for your input.

i have basic question like to carry out stability study i need material in stock with batch number.

but here i have received only 100 gm for r&d purpose, for which i want to carry out stability study.

please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kailash,

For stability studie are irrelavant with inventory stocks. Only thing is, you need to create batch number for the material in your plant. You can carryout stability studies even if the stocks are not available in any stock type.

You can receive the material in inventory stocks, then consume against QC cost center or you can keep in the reseve stock. Coordinate with your MM/FI experts for the valuation of the material you recieved.

With Best Regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vithal,

one query is that the material is new, and yet no material master is created for that material.

so whether i have to create material master for that, if yes than what material type.

please guide

thanks

kailash thakkar

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Kailash,

To do stability study first you have to create Material Master for such material.

"You can conduct stability studies for many different types of self-produced or externally procured materials or products, regardless of your industry sector." So if it is externally produced and procured material then you create as ROH or if it self-produced you create as HALB or FERT.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nehal,

Your input is valuable, the only query is that we have option in notification, to carry out stability study without material. What is that?

please guide

thanks in advance

kailash thakkar

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If we do stability study with referance to Plant only then it called as stability study study without material. If you want to get more idea on this please follow following link.

[Link1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d6/7c9c3b566ac466e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input

-Kailash