cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Experts,

After upgradation to ECC6, my system is running very slow for partcular Tcodeslike KA04, KB61, KSB1 and SCOT..I have already checked everything from buffer hit to DB02 , DB stats etc..but i am getting same delay..Please guide me..I checked from ST03N.the DB request time is the largest..please suggest..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dash,

If DB is oracle look for fixcontrol parameter set to optimum value described in note 830576..

We also had the similar problem where optimizer is selecting wrong indexes...

This is a dynamic parameter and can be set without DB restart..

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Phani...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

thx for your reply..I have set for all parameterers except event and FIXcontrol..I am confused about these as there are a number of these FIXcontrol and event parameters ..should I set all of them in initSID.ora..please guide..any othere things to do apart from that to increase DB performance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dash,

PLease go through below note..

Note 1165319 - Optimizer merge fix for Oracle 10.2.0.4

And fixcontrol is a dynamic parameter and can be set dynamically by using alter system command..

steps:

connect to oracle as sysdba

show parameter fixcontrol;

alter system set "_FIX_CONTROL"='4728348:OFF','5705630:ON','5765456:7','6221403:ON','6440977:ON','6626018:ON','6120483:OFF','6972291:ON','6329318:OFF','6670551:ON' scope=both;

(The above values are optimum for ECC)

And update stats once after the parameter change..

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you mention OS 32 or 64 bits, DB version and patches? I have done some upgrades and that is almost "normal" that the system will be a "little" slower than before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

thanks for your reply..My Platform is below.

OS- HP-UX 11.23

DB - Oracle 10.2.0.4

SAP ECC6 upgraded from 4.7..please let me know the steps you did to solve performance issues..

Thanks a lot for your reply..

rejish_balakrishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Schedule an automatic regeneration of invalidated loads .

To do this, schedule the RSGENINVLAS report for the relevant time and period.

The report then determines the invalidated loads for every type of host in your system at the specified time, and regenerates them.

For more information about the RSGENINVLAS report, see the program documentation, and SAP Note 438038.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What upgradation, did you execute the Load Generator after the upgradation. if it is about support pack or any ABAP upgradation then you need to schedule the load generator via SGEN in client 000

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All things I have done..SGEN , support paclage everything..but dont understand why its slow..buffer hit is also good..but the update is getting delayed and getting terminated..is there any procedure to do after upgrade..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What database are you using? If you are on Oracle 10g, make sure you have set all the db parameters as mentioned in Note 830576, particularly the EVENT and _(underscore) parameters. You can also run the script as in Note 1171650 and it will tell you what parameters that you need to set/change.

Cheers!