cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection e-mail to creator

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a process where the approver will receive an e-mail when a cart needs to be approved. But, I also need a process where an e-mail will then go to the creator if the cart is changed significantly or rejected because the cart is actually back in their inbox and they don't know it (unless they go into SRM regularly).

We were actually testing the approver e-mail feature where they would have a link on the e-mail to either approve or reject. I have been unable to get that to work in our Dev client recently because of some e-mail issues. Therefore, I would prefer to concentrate on generating an e-mail to the creator. When we were able to get it to work, the creator did receive the e-mail about the changed/rejected cart.

What steps are necessary to send an e-mail to the creator?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

did you check this config point :

Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> SAP Business Workflow -> Define Recipient of Notifications

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I looked there and everything appears to be set up.

SC Order Shopping Cart AP Approver

SC Order Shopping Cart CR Initiator of the Workflow

SC Order Shopping Cart RV Reviewer

Am I looking at the wrong one?

You seem to be able to answer a lot of my questions. Can I send you more because I have plenty of them?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Just create as many post as needed in this forum.

Thus all SRM gurus could help you and anyone with the same issue.

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Based on the settings we have in config, should the shopping cart creator receive an e-mail? Are there additional settings that need to be set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

The WF Initiator is the SC creator.

So look at the details of the second line "SC Order Shopping Cart CR / Initiator of the Workflow".

In the details you can define if it will receive an email notification for Rejection/Approval/Changes/Deletion.

They are all flagged in default SRM installation.

If ok (I guess yes), check in SOST if the system tried to send email notifications at the time of SC rejection.

If not, check if mail redirection is enabled for your users. Otherwise they will remain in SRM inbox.

There have been several posts on this forum around SAPConnect, redirection and so on.

Rgds

Christophe

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "mail redirection". But, I will see what I can find. Searching on this forum did not bring back any results (except my own question).

We have a program running, RSWUWFMLEC, which sends an e-mail to the approver. The e-mail does not have a link at the bottom of the e-mail to either accept or reject via e-mail (we do have the link set up in Dev). The approver has to login to SRM in order to approve or reject. Does the program determine if the creator also gets an e-mail if the cart gets rejected or changed? The configuration is set up as mentioned below (no check box for approval).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monique,

In SAP you have to distinguish 2 email types:

- emails linked to a Work Item, with embended logic

- normal (passive) emails (out of WF: not used in SRM)

First one are redirected to external mailbox by report RSWUWFMLEC, if user (work item task agent or its substitutes) has attribute FORWARD_WI = X.

Other ones are redirected at the time of their creation (not like RSWUWFMLEC) if the user has an external mailbox redirection (i think via SO36 ou SO10). I don't think this is linked to attribute FORWARD_WI (as named, should only be relevant for WorkItems).

Mails generated by WF are all from first category (WI tasks or WI notifications).

Redirected mails are passed to SAPConnect mail gateway (SMTP plug In), where they are processed by a job.

That's why I asked you if you find something in SOST, but without answer I can not tell you where to investigate.

About your offline buttons issue:

Offline approval mails contain 2 buttons "Approve" and "Reject" that are linked to a "mailto" action.

The recipient of this mailto is the mail of the user executing the RSWUWFMLEC step of scheduled job. It is usualy WF-BATCH.

So check your job step user (not the job user, but the step) email address in SU01.

Offline approval has nothing to do with the customizing point pointed before (used for notifications of approval decisions).

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helfull answers

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do reward points for helpful answers.

I do not have access to SOST. Our Basis folks tell me that this particular transaction is for errors from SCOT.

I have followed the steps provided by our consultant last year about RSWUWFMLEC. But, something is just not working. I get to the point where the approver gets the e-mail, clicks on the link to reject, and sends the e-mail to wf-batch. From that point on, nothing works. That is why I was going to abandon the offline approval completely and just have the approvers reject from SRM directly.

If the approver rejects through SRM, are you saying that I should see something in SOST? Am I supposed to run a job to generate the e-mails first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monique,

You can see every mails processed by SAPConnet (whatever their processing status) via SOST, that's why it should not be given to everybody.

You now say that you have the "approval" / "reject" link in your mail.

You previously said that this was only working in your dev system:

"The e-mail does not have a link at the bottom of the e-mail to either accept or reject via e-mail (we do have the link set up in Dev)".

?????????????

Anyhow, when clicking on one of those 2 links, the approver sends a mail to a SRM technical user (like WF-BATCH). But instead of remaining in the mailbox of the mail server, those mails are redirected to SRM server (ask your Basis guy about mail relay between Outlook/Lotus and SRM). For this a SRM WAS SICF service is called. So the reply is now in the SRM inbox (you can switch your reply user, WF-BATCH, to a dialogue user, connect with this user ID and look at its SAP inbox).

(Normally, we define a redirection from WF-BATCH to a dialogue ADMIN user).

Then the job RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL is processing those inbound mails to update SC status accordingly to approval decision (in fact it executes the WI in SRM).

Look at online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/88/f7423b4ac8d506e10000000a11402f/content.htm

If you approve directly in SRM, the notifications are also sent to the actors depending on the customizing.

If redirection is activated (FORWARD_WI), then notification mails are sent to SAPConnect via RSWUWFMLEC. And finally they can be found in SOST.

Have also a look at following link, where distinction between "Approval" and "Messages" mails is done:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/ee/8804050393ea4596330fe181092003/content.htm

In WF execution environment (SWU1), you can also check if notification steps have been executed, and with which recipients (look into WF container).

Rgds

Christophe

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I apologize for any confusion. The links are only set up in the Dev system. I am testing it to make the rejections work correctly.

The steps I take are as follows:

1. Create SC

2. Run RSWUWFMLEC manually (in Dev client only); e-mail address is set up for WF-BATCH

3. Approver receives e-mail; in Dev client, they have the link at the bottom of the e-mail to either approve or reject

4. Once approver clicks on button, the e-mail screen pops up for wf-batch e-mail address and they click Send

5. Automatic forwarding is already set up for WF-BATCH to send to SRM-MAIL.

6. Login as SRM-MAIL and run RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL. No data comes back. I check the inbox for SRM-MAIL and there is nothing there.

From this point, step 6 should have worked correctly and an e-mail would eventually appear for the SC creator. But, because step 6 is not working, nothing is happening.

In PPOMA_BBP, we do have FORWARD_WI activated (X in column)for the entire org unit (not specific to users).

I will look at your suggestions and see if I find anything.

I was not involved in the original configuration of this process (rejection e-mails) and am trying to understand exactly what is happening.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There was a step missing from my documentation. After step 6, I should have run RSWUWFMLEC again. This generated the e-mail to the SC creator.

But, since we have RSWUWFMLEC running as a job in our Production client, logic would say that the SC creator should have received an e-mail regardless of the links available on the e-mail, correct? Therefore, when the approver rejected the cart in SRM, an e-mail should have been sent to the SC creator since it appears that all the other settings are correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Strange that you don't find any mails in SRM-MAIL inbox.

This is normal if you run RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL before looking into the inbox, as this report executes the approval tasks and delete the mails.

Can you check in BBP_PD or in BBPSC04 the latest status of your SC ? Is it still "In approval" or "Approved" with "Follow on doc created" ?

--> Please tell me

For your second question: Yes, if the approver approves directly in SRM, a notification mail should be sent to the requestor (if your customizing of notification says so).

To check it:

- Go in SWI1, look at your SC WF protocol if a step has been created to send the mail to the requestor

- look at requestor mailbox if the message is there

- look at SOST if it has been forwarded

--> Please tell me the results

I have still one doubt about WF messages (not approval WI). I still don't know if they are forwarded by RSWUWFMLEC, or if we have to activate SAPOffice mail forwarding via SO16.

Rgds

Christophe

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I will check everything you suggested below. The messages are reaching the user's messages tab on SRM. But, nothing is going to their e-mail address. Since I seem to be able to get it work as it should in Dev, I will compare SWI1 between Dev and Production.

It would appear that I was given wrong information from our users. They are receiving an e-mail in Production when the cart is rejected or changed. Sorry to trouble everyone on this matter.

Message was edited by: Monique Stephens

Message was edited by: Monique Stephens

Answers (0)