cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header row on multiple pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please could someone explain how to conditionally display the Header row on first and subsequent pages, but make it dependent on the body row. That is, if the output flows into the second page and there are line items to display on the second page, only then should the Header appear. If there are no line items for the second / subsequent page then the Header should be suppressed.

I have had a look at form - F110_AVIS_INT - this form has the functionality mentioned above and doesn't use conditional breaks for the Header row - but I cant decipher how it works. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Arijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have a table and i want to table header to be repeated in subsequent pages but only till 2 pages the table header is visible from the 3rd page onwards the table header is not repeated.

I have selected the Header Row in hierarchy and in Pagination tab for the header row i have checked the the check box Insert Header Row in Subsequent Pages.

After selecting the checkbox also table header is repeated only in 2 pages and not repeated after the second page.

My table hierarchy in form is :

TableSubform

Table

HeaderRow

Row1

In your previous reply you have placed header in a separate subform and you have selected the body subform and in overflow leader you have selected the header subform to be repeated.

In my scenario i selected the TableSubform and in Overflow Laader i selected HeaderRow and tried but it was not working.

I am using Designer 8.0 and Acrobat Reader 8.0

Can you please help me in solving this issue.

Regards,

Bala Baskaran.s

Edited by: Bala Baskaran on Feb 18, 2009 11:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check out the following link,

Regards

Jayapriya

arijitkumardas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jayapriya,

My issue is I want my header row to be dependent on the line items (body row) - if I select the header row on each pahe option then it will display it on each page regardless of whether there are line items to display or not - like even if there is a footer - it will process the header.

I want the processing to be like this -

page 1

Header

Body

Footer

page 2

Header

Body

Footer

page 3

Footer

On page 3 since there is no body there shouldn't be any header to display - but in my case I still get the header on page 3 since the footer is being processed and its a part of the table.

Thanks

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjit,

If I understand you correctly you want the header and footer in the form based on the data availability.

As per my knowledge, you can try the following steps:

1. You can create a field and wrap it in a subform say body subform.

2. Now you can create a header and footer seperately

3. this header and footer will be wrapped in their own respective subforms say header subform and footer subform

4. Now when you check your body subform in the pagination tab you will find options:

a. Overflow leader

b. Overflow trailer

Leader refers to the header and trailer to the footer.

5. Now you can set the body subform property within the pagination tab as: Overflow leader=header subform and Overflow trailer=footer subform.

This will diaplay the header and footer only based on the body content and not always.

Also, you may try some other design option if you do it this way.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav