SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article Listing Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

We have certain articles that are to be listed only to the DCs. We have defined a special article type for these articles. In the article master, we wish to maintain only the DC view. We don't want to maintain a Store view (as it is not relevant).

The MRP type is a required field on the DC view (and therefore also on the Store view).

When creating a new article via MM41 I maintain the DC view for the ref DC. I don't create a Store view for the ref Store.

When performing listing (via WSM3) the program fails because of required field MRP type on the Store view. Apparently WSM3 requires the Store view created fro the ref Store with the MRP type specified. I am not sure why that is. Like I said, the store view is not relevant for these articles... but the system seems to want to to create it (even though the assortment contains only DCs as assortment users i.e. no stores specified in the assortment).

If anyone can explain why the listing process is requiring the store view to be in place (and how I can get around this), I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Anisha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

In IS-Retail, you need to maintain Logistics DC and Store View of Article Master.

To overcome this, you have two options.

1) Maintain Reference article in Initial Screen of MM41

2) Otherwise Maintain reference article for MC in WG21.

You create one reference article with Basic View, Listing, Logistics DC and Store View Details.

Use the reference article, while creating new Article master in MM41. Its not even required now to maintain Logistics Dc and Store View for New Article. For new articles system copy's the logistics details from reference article.

Carry out Listing in WSM3 Tcode.

Regards,

Selvakumar. M

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

In IS-Retail, you need to maintain Logistics DC and Store View of Article Master.

To overcome this, you have two options.

1) Maintain Reference article in Initial Screen of MM41

2) Otherwise Maintain reference article for MC in WG21.

You create one reference article with Basic View, Listing, Logistics DC and Store View Details.

Use the reference article, while creating new Article master in MM41. Its not even required now to maintain Logistics Dc and Store View for New Article. For new articles system copy's the logistics details from reference article.

Carry out Listing in WSM3 Tcode.

Regards,

Selvakumar. M

0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

So, just to reconfirm... you are saying that the system requires both DC and Store views to exist for every single article, even if certain articles are relevant only to the DC and not to the store?

Thanks,

Anisha.

0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

In IS-Retail, Article Master requires logistics DC and Store views details for Reference Sites only.

Once Article is Created you can Maintain Site specific details for Logistics DC alone.

Thats why, i have asked to go with reference article, so that u can maintain Logistics DC details only for your case.

Regards,

Selvakumar. M