cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic the calling webpage after closing webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SRM 5.0 and we are launching a custom webdynpro application from the Sourcing Cockpit. We added a custom button on the sourcing cockpit and that button would launch the custom webdynpro application as shown below in the PAI event.

DATA : lv_url TYPE string,

l_obj type SMENSAPNEW-REPORT,

l_rep type SMENSAPNEW-REPORTTYPE,

l_url type SMEN_BUFFI-URL.

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'Z_SC_UPD'

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = lv_url.

l_obj = 'URL'.

l_rep = 'OT'.

l_url = lv_url.

CALL FUNCTION 'MENU_START_OBJECT_VIA_INDX'

EXPORTING

OBJECT_NAME = l_obj

REPORTTYPE = l_rep

URL = l_url.

The webdynpro Z_SC_UPD will update the custom fields in the shopping cart. Upon closing of this webdynpro application, we need to refresh the screen of Sourcing cockpit to reflect the changes that Webdynpro just made. Is it possible. Please advise?

Thanks

Abapinator.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use an exit plug in the called web dynpro application to restart the caller application.

You can get more information at [Using Exit Plug in Web Dynpro for ABAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0018077-f0c9-2b10-87af-eb9bb40776d4]

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David:

Thanks for the reply. My Webdynpro applicaiton opens in a new window and the exit plug that indicated can only refresh the new window. I wanted the parent window to be refreshed.

Thanks

Abapinator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case you would probably require to restructure your application. The webdynpro application thats launched in the new window. Need to call a method in the event handler , that finally calls the exit plug. You can from this method call your associated ASSISTANCE CLASS method.

ASSISTANCE class should expose method to refresh you original Application, this may be a simple matter of reexecuting the transaction associated with you MAIN Application

This in effect you call a method before exitiing that would end up reseting/ Refreshing your main app.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a simple example of that? That would really help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry i dont have any sample code, however its not difficult to implement if.

1. You know how to call your MAIN application from within ABAP.

2. You know how to call method in ASSISTANCE CLASS from webdynpro component.

rest as i explained inmy prev reply.

Greetings

Prashant