cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC interface failed without mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELLO ALL,

I was working on SOAP to RFC scenario having a simple message mapping in it. The interface was working perfectly fine.

Later on I got a requirement to remove the mapping from my interface.

I was able to run the interface after the changes but It doesnt return any value, which usually happens when we pass wrong parameters to the RFC for which RFC doesnt find any entry.

I tested the RFC with the same test data using se37 and it returned me the records.

Any clue, why the RFC doesnt understand the input values when we dont have a mapping ? Does the message mapping convert/format the input data ?

I will appreciate for your inputs.

Thanks to all.

PEERU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>remove the mapping from my interface

Place a Constant function and try

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,PIndrani:

I ever did a test about RFC A-XI-RFC B.The 2 RFC are in the same business system and RFC B is copied from RFC A.In the scenario,interface mapping is still obligatory.So i think when we use RFC in a scenario,the interface mapping is always needed,it's SAP's limitation!

regards

yu ming

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For converting soap data into RFC understandable format, you must have a mapping (Even if you have same field names). The only possibility for avoiding mapping could be when soap sender sends data with the same message type name and namespace as present in RFC and which doesn't seem to be logical enough. Otherwise in all usual cases, you must use mapping to convert sender side data to RFC request format.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both, for your replies.

As per my understanding mapping is optional in XI.

I am using the RFC request and response structure for the SOAP end. I just created a message interface for the SOAP sender, based on the RFC request and response structures.

Correct me if in the case of RFC, SAP makes mapping a mandatory object. I dint find any document which says that mapping is always needed for RFC receiver interface.

Thank You.

PEERU

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said in my previous reply, you are doing exactly that

"The only possibility for avoiding mapping could be when soap sender sends data with the same message type name and namespace as present in RFC and which doesn't seem to be logical enough."

Mapping is not mandatory, but without mapping, the outbound message interface data won't be populated into RFC data.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been facing this problem with the Sales related BAPIs only .

I just created a scenario using a customer bapi and it did work without mapping.

Seems that there is something in the Sales BAPIs which requires some conversion which the XI mapping is doing.

Thank You.

Peeru.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I have been facing this problem with the Sales related BAPIs only

Constant value for the fields which does not have value from the Source side and try creating the Order.

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss