cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Org Redtermined,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

when i enter a customer number in sales order, it is redermining the sale org, what would be different reasons for that?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

The Sales Order - Sales Area (i.e. Sales OrgDist. ChannelDivision), and Customer - Sales Area (i.e. Sales OrgDist. ChannelDivision),; would be different.

In such case, System should stop User for creating Sales Order, but in this case, System is re-determining the Sales Area. The possible reason could be, both the Sales Areas, belong to same Company Code.

Please check the same in Customer Master (XD02) and Sales Order (VA01/ VA02).

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

First of all i dont accept your arguement of sales org getting redermined after inputting the customer no

It will be sales area only

The possible reasons are

1. In the initial screen of VA01 after the order type OR if you are inputting the sales area as 1000,10,00 and in the overview scrren you are giving the sold to party as X and if the sold to party is created for only for sales area 1000,01,01 then for that sales order the sales area will get redermined as 1000,01,01

As per standard functionality the sales area is always taken from sold to party and that is why we need not mention sales area in the initial screen of sales order and if the SP lies in multiple sales areas a selection screen will appear to choose the sales area

If the sales area given in the sales order differs from from the sold to party's sales area (as mentioned in the above paragraph) a the system redetermines the sales area for that order to the sold to party's

This will happen after inputting sold to party

2. Initial sales area given 1000,10,00

customer X belongs to two sales areas 1000,11,00 and 1000,12,00

Material which you are entering in that order is created for only 1000,12,00

If this is the case then at the after inputting the material the sales area will get redetermined as 1000,12,00

Hope you are getting the difference between case 1 and case 2

See once again that eror and post back

One more possiblity isin the initial screen after the order type you would have given only the sales org as 1000 instead of sales area and the customer must be belonging to 2000,10,00

This might be the case (according to me only sales area will get redetermined)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

The customer you have entered would be defined in another Sales Area. Sales Area that you have entered in initial sales order creation screen (VA01) would be different from Sales Area defined for Customer so, Sales Area will be redetermined.

System takes sales area of customer as sales area of document.

Regards

Nagendra P Boggarapu

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to XD02 and give your company code and click on customer sales area . Check in how many sales areas the customer is available

Check the following data

IMG -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant

IMG -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Assign division to sales organization

Check common dist. channels and common divisions i.e., VOR1 & VOR2 data also

Regards

Srinath