cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPath and switch in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm receiveing a message in BPM which could have two tags, for sending of message type 1 and for sending of message type 2. All combinations are possible, send only to A, send only to B, or send to A and to B.

So I defined fork and after fork for branch 1, switch, transformation and send and also for branch 2.

What I'm doing in both switches is, that with help of XPath and

count(//tag1) != 0 EX

, try to figure out, is there something to map to system A. Also is for system B in other switch, only is tag 2 important.

So problem is that this sometimes works well( not so often!!!) and much more is not functioning? Is there something wrong?

br

mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

count() is a XPath function, it counts all nodes for the given expression. //tag1 will take ALL nodes with name "tag1" of the whole XML message. You store that at left side of the Expression Editor, choose equal or "not eqal" and a right side constant '0'.

You can follow the switch in BPM Monitoring (click on Link PE in SXMB_MONI).

If BPM results are confusing, it could be a cache problem (SXI_CACHE), just refresh it and control return code 0. Or sometimes old work items disturb, you can delete them in SWWL.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

it works perfect!!!!

problem was, as you said, that my IP in SXI_CACHE was on status 1 or 99. So when I tried all possibilities, because of existing WP-s, cache wasn't refreshed! So I did't knew any more, what was right, what was wrong, but your post was "light on the end of tunnel".....thx

Answers (0)