cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete characteristic combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to delete characteristic combination from a POS.

1 - Is there any way to delete from a list (excel file)? In /SAPAPO/MC62 with the function "Delete from a Combination list" I don't see a way to do this. It seems to be made for listing a previous seletion and then we have to mark all the CVCs to be deleted.

2 - I need to delete de CVC where I have the value zero in some keyfigure. Can this be done?

The only way I see is creating an infocube based on the PA and then list all the records with no value in this keyfigure and then use tx /SAPAPO/MC62.

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

I think to fulfill both requirements you need to build a custom program where you can define ability to mass delete (based on file input) and delete CVC where keyfigure value is Zero.

Based on you requirement you can build logic for custome development

Regards,

Harshil Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try the following steps:

1. Use BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2 to read the key figure values.

2. If you find a valid CVC delete it using the Function module /SAPAPO/TS_GENER_CODING and the routine "delete_master_combis" in the generated program derived from FM /SAPAPO/TS_GENER_CODING

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teresa,

I think there is a simple way to do what you want if you look at the

in the /sapapo/mc62 sub transaction "delete characteristics from a list"

go to the selection condition

when in that screen go to the multilple selection button on one of the characteristics (right arrow on right part of screen)

go to load form clipboard (clipboard icon shift+F12)

if you have a range of data data copied in an open excel sheet when you hit the "load from clipboard button) and it will paste the values as a single selection range. I have used it for lists over 1,000 entries

you can do this list on any of your dp characteristics.

be careful with this transaction you can delete alot of data very fast!

George

PS: this technque is called the "Mike Mulhuland trick" named a famous Accenture consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another alternative which may be useful ..... I had posted this in another thread.

"As mentioned by many, there is no standard program & you may need to build a custom program for this. Nevertheless, I have a certain procedure in mind which can automate the maintainence of CVCs in APO DP.

We normally use (atleast) 2 cubes for APO DP, one is the Input cube and the other a Backup cube. The input cube will contain only latest & relevant sales data and normally you would want your planning area to contain these. However, in due course, we will end up with redundant CVCs of old products in planning area, if left unattended. So, what we do is, after the latest backup load is created, we delete all data in planning area and delete all CVCs. You may need a small program here to delete all CVCs, which is still better than developing a complex program to delete redundant CVCs and identifying the CVCs to be deleted using some logic. Identifying the redundant CVCs to be deleted amongst thousands of CVCs and automating it is the greatest pain here.

Next, after the sales load into Input cube containing only relevant combinations, you re-create all CVCs based on your Input cube and load sales data. Once sales data is loaded, you can load the backup data from backup cube back into planning area. Thus, if any redundant CVCs were present earlier and that combination is not present in Input cube, it will be left out."

Cheers,

Srinidhi

Check this out and see whether it helps meet your requirement.

cheers,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Caution: Notes and promotions will be lost with the method mentioned above. Most implementations develop a custom program for this task.

With the newer versions, however, there is a new function in the /n/sapapo/mc62 transaction, called "Delete Obsolete CVCs". You cannot list the ones according to not having data in one particular key figure. But you could develop a macro solution around it to delete all planning data, if your particular key figure is empty; this new function would then be able to pick up the "CVC with no planning data" and delete it.

Maybe another approach for you.

Edited by: Uwe Bilger on Feb 20, 2009 5:59 PM

And thank you for my first two points.

Edited by: Uwe Bilger on Feb 20, 2009 6:55 PM

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe Bilger ,

Could you please mention about the new function and also the new version in which this function is available?

thanks in advance...

Edited by: Digambar Narkhede on Apr 9, 2009 6:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SCM 5.1, the transaction /n/sapapo/mc62 now contains the button "Delete Obsolete CVCs". I've never used the button yet myself (probably have to very soon), but if I understand the help text correctly, it will list all the CVCs, which

a) don't have corresponding master data, or

b) don't have any data in the liveCache anymore.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

I hope this helps. As always, test this first in a test system before applying it in production.

Regards,

Uwe