cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the PML mesages in SAP AII ?

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new SAP AII.

I want to view the PML Messages in SAP AII sent from the Edge management software. How can i do that ?

Thanks,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My query was resolved from the solution provided above. Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arkesh,

You will not be able to see the PML as sent from the Edge Management Software in SAP AII.

Edge Management Software uses a SAP AII service (sicf) called AIN to post XML based PML messages to SAP AII.

This AIN service is an event handler for PML messages and contain the parser for parsing the PML messages. So there is no place in SAP AII where directly this PML is stored. Instead at first parsed,

PML attributes (EPC code, Location, Command, etc) are stored in SAP AII tables.

And if you want to see what error or data might be associated with that PML message you can check SAP AII log using transaction slg1. Here all PML/ALE messages to SAP AII will be having category AIN.

So if want to check what PML is coming from Edge, please check the Edge Software itself (outbound interface whatever it may be) or the log in SAP AII.

If you wanna check how PML is structured in SAP AII, look into SAP Auto Id Test Tool

(SAP Easy Acccess Screen -> SAP Auto ID Infrastructure --> Tools --> Auto ID Test Tool)

In Auto ID Test Tool in top left select --> PML

Input attributes.

Steps:

Select Tags Tab on main part of screen. Say generate tags

On right top corner --> select Preview button.

This will give you the exact PML as required by SAP AII.

Note: Generate tags step mentioned above needs some SAP AII configurations. Provided already done, you will be able to generate tag numbers to be sent to SAP AII.