Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM - TM category!

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to opt for making a new subcategory for SAP Solution: SCM - TM. For all questions regarding the solution SAP Transportation Management.

The questions concerning this product end up among the ERP questions and are not very well categorized. A seperate TM category would make a huge improvement.

Nico.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

did you get any feedback from SAP about a TM forum?

Cheers, Andre

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I have heard that the community moderators are taking the suggestion in consideration. So the fist step has been taken. I don't know what their desicion will be, but I hope to hear from them. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Nico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

As Nico was already updated, I didn't find a reason why not to share this with you and everyone else- the TM forum was approved and should be opened shortly

Regards,

Hilit, SCN Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nico,

a separate forum can be watched easily and information is brought to me. Push vs. pull ...

So I hope this new forum is going to be implemented soon!

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Good action! It is very helpfull to have a central FAQ and discussion forum!!

Rgds,

Dré

Former Member
0 Kudos

I completely agree as well! Full support for a forum dedicated to Transport Management.

I am not sure why you mention "SCM" though. The Netweaver forum category would be a good location in my opinion - we answer TMS questions regularly there, as do those folks in the Organizational Change Management forums in addition to the ERP forums already mentioned...

Cheers,

Julius

klaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

they talk about Transportation Management which is part of the SCM-Solution and not about Transport Management!

It's not like "Updation & Upgradation"

Nice weekend to all

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhhh......

My intentions were good and as you will no doubt find Transport Management System questions in the Transportation Management forum as well, we could perhaps combine the efforts right from the start..

Cheers,

Julius

klaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

No doubt, at all !!

Neither regarding your intention, nor the fact that you'll find questions regarding both topics there!

Cheers

Klaus

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so far for all the support to my suggestion.

Klaus: To be clear: yes I am talking about the Transportation Management solution that is part of SCM. And especially because Transportation Management is widely used definition I would like to distinct this with other categories.

When having a question about the SCM-TM solution I would like to have people reading it that have knowledge about this solution. I don't want answers that are related to the ERP-system or other systems.

At the same time when I would like to help users with their SCM-TM questions I don't want to search for their questions in a ERP, Netweaver, or other forums. I would come across too many questions that are related to other solutions. There is a lot of terminology that is the same, so I need to open all the messages to find out which are relevant.

So for this reason I really think that a saperate SCM-TM category is necesarry.

Regards,

Nico.

klaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nico,

as I'm a bit old fashioned, it's still an SD related topic for me (being an SD consultant for quite a couple of years, now).

Don't worry, I know that your TM covers the whole Chain!

Have a nice weekend

Klaus

DK31
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Fully support your initative.

Best regards.

former_member747538
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Great to hear from that community. I already saw Daniel and Björn from SAP in here.....

Thanks Nico for your invitation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

As a newcomer in the SAP LE community, I support this iniciative one hundred percent!

Gr.

H.Hanse

Edited by: Hensley Hanse on Feb 25, 2009 10:23 AM

Edited by: Hensley Hanse on Feb 25, 2009 10:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm already looking forward for this for a long time.

An own category for TM-related issues. Great!

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Solution Management welcomes our partner community to start, groom and moderate a forum on SAP TM. Great to hear that folks are talking about it in different arenas, however a more central approach is recommendable.

Please note the small landing area in BPX on TM.

[original link is broken]

Kind Regards,

Bjoern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

First of all thank you for taking this effort. I would vote 100% for you. I am a SDN member since 2004 and have been a good contributor in the past in various SDN forums and i always cherish about exchanging information via the SDN forums. I would love to have a dedicated forum for SCM-TM and this helps not only to get answers to our questions but also build the TM community, recognition for your knowledge and as far i know SDN is a great place to share our knowledge and experience when compared to few other forums avaialble for SAP. Let us work towards this and this will be of great help to everyone who ever is already working on TM like us and also for all others looking to jump in to the TM space. Also there are tremendous improvements with the SDN in the past few years so we can make use of all the features and i would confidently say this would be of great help to all of us.

So let us get some good votes for your posting and build it up.

Thank You

Siva Ganesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

I am all for it. It is difficult right now to find questions and problems regarding SAP TM.

A separate category would be very helpful.

I have talked to the trainers of the RKTs about this but nothing has happened so far.

Regards, Andre