SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Performance using BAPI_SITELAYMOD_CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My client is implementing a new interface between a space planning application and SAP IS-Retail. The interface passes layout module data using an RFC call to BAPI_SITELAYMOD_CHANGE.

When processing a small number of articles on a layout module this interface runs in seconds. However when the layout module has 350+ articles on it performance is signficantly degraded. The last test I ran was for a layout module with 375 articles and it took 13mins to delete the layout module items and another 15mins to insert the new items. The reason for the deletion is because the business want to post layout module amendments without creating a new version.

A possible reason for the slow performance is the size of table MALG, which contains 5 million entries. The layout module in question has 25 different versions and several of the articles are on many different layout modules. I've debugged the BAPI and the standard code seems to trawl MALG looking for all layout modules which contain the articles passed from the space planning tool, rather than just processing the layout module in question. This results in over 100,000 entries being looped through by the function module - there is probably a sound technical reason for this but I've yet to work it out!

Has anyone on here experienced performance issues with using this BAPI?

Regards,

James

PS I should add that listing is performed via a separate batch process - it is not triggered by the BAPI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi James,

please open an customer message with test data and your debugging results.

Markus or Georg will take care about this issue. If it is a performance issue in coding, SAP will fix it.

But have a look at your versions in MALG. I hope it is not based on strange business requirements.

Regards

B

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi James,

please open an customer message with test data and your debugging results.

Markus or Georg will take care about this issue. If it is a performance issue in coding, SAP will fix it.

But have a look at your versions in MALG. I hope it is not based on strange business requirements.

Regards

B

0 Kudos

Thanks Bjorn. I had a conference call with Dieter Becker (SAP AG) last night and he is going to investigate this issue for me via a remote connection.

Regards,

James