cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger XI from SAP R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need trigger XI from SAP R3 syncrhonous.

From SAP R3 trigger XI, XI call to database (throws JDBC) and return select result to R3. It's this possible?

very thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you,

but how can i call to this interface from R3?, Exist any method in SAP R3 for call to XI?..

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

you can use either RFC (BAPI) or ABAP proxy.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be acheived through RFC

1. First need to establish connection with R/3 and XI

2. For this create RFC destination sm59 with type T and give progid

3. create RFC Destination in XI using sm59 of same type T with same name (case sensitivie)

and test it using test tab.

Once this is done in RFC you need to give RFC destination create above this will send data to XI

in XI do the needful things for your scenario

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Rajesh,

I do not know how the RFC sender.

1.- In R3 i must create a program that has a function call RFC (with destination parameter)? or

2.- (it isn't necessary) can i import this RFC (created in R3) in XI integration directory directly?

very thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once FunctionModule is available you can make it as RFC by enabling remote enabled button in attributes

Once FM is exposed as RFC you can import it into XI or any other EAI systems.

Once FM becoms RFC it will automatically gives Destination option ,you can see this when executing FM in ABAP screen

there you need to provide RFC destination created in SM59 (need to create in R/3 and XI) then data will flow to XI

Hope clear

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer this wiki document to develop the interface:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/stepbystepRFCtoJDBCscenario

Blogs:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step - For RFC SENDER

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step - For JDBC Receiver

Hope this helps

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

just follow Baveshs blog [DBC Receiver Adapter -- Synchronous Select u2013 Step by Step|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3928] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

vijayabaskaranj
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is possible if you use RFC from SAP R/3 .

RFC request --> XI ->JDBC receiver-> RFC response.