cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management - Online Payment Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am trying to have payments updated in FM.

"I have used update profile 101 -Pmt Bud, Pmt basis, Posting date ( earlier I have used 102 then changed to 101). I have cheked the box for "" Payment Update online"" in settings for payment transfer.

We ahve New GL activate with FAGLFLEXT with document splitting.I made VOBELNR and KOBELNR as additional charcteristics for document splitting with clearing account 'zero'.

I have read in some treads that we have to make FMGLFLEXT totals table attached to leading ledger, but I have not see in any of the SAP help or SPRO texts that we have to do this way ?.

My Bank account GL is assigned to 90/1 commitment item and the Vendor GL is assigned to 60/3.

After all this Payments are not getting updated in FM. Do i have to do something at the time of payment with respect to account assignment ...

Currently working on ECC 6.0 Sand box with EA-PS lvl 11.

Thansk in Advance

Chris"

Edited by: Chris Farr on Feb 11, 2009 2:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Chris,

please have a look at this document. Most of cases we have found have been solved by following these instructions

Hope it helps

best regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mar,

The material was really helpful. In fact I did all the settings mentioned the doucument earlier, but there were inconsistancies in my commiment item categories. My vendor GL was wrongly assigned to a commitment item with 40/3, thats why payments were not updated. Now I can see payments getting updated.

I have one more question - I have a PO with multiple FM account assignments (e.g two items with Fund center1 and Fund center2) and the same is invoiced. When I do the partial/Full payment Payments are only getting updated in one FM assignement i.e Fund center1. As per the material you have provided (page no 7) the payment has to be split among the FM account assignments. Can you please clarify.

Thanks

Chris

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If both FM and FI documents are fine, then maybe it's a configuration of splitting issue.

The 'Expert mode' view in FI doc.display, or transaction FAGL_MIG_SIM_SPL, can help you to find how a given FI document has been splitted.

Check that and share your findings with us, please

BR

Mar

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris and Mar,

I think that in OF29 the "Splitting Procedure for Payment Conversion" should be activated. It works for RFFMS200.

Regards

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found my issue was with additional characteristic FIPOS , Document has to be split by combination of Fund center and commitment item.

Now, I have included FIPOS also as an additional characteristic for splitting. Strangely, payments are not getting updated in FM at all. I am getting a warning message 'FMUP 027: Payments are not updated in FM ledger 9A &1.

Any thoughts

Chris

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

From your description, message FMUP027 should be caused by incomplete customizing.

The constant value is mandatory to be customized according to document 'Payment Update Online' that Mar already sent to you.

Please check the original invoice posted. The document type should NOT have transaction variant 0000 assigned to it. This is incorrect as transaction variant 0000 doesn't split.

Please check carefully the document 'Payment Update Online.pdf' with your customizing. For example, check your following customizing:

SPRO > Financial Accounting (New) > General Ledger Accounting (New) > Business Transactions > Document Splitting > Classify Document Types for Document Splitting > Document type ??? is assigned to Transaction '????' and Variant '????'.

If you look at the attachment 'Payment Update Online.pdf' (page 19), the document type should be assigned to Transaction 1000 and Variant AKON. Your customizing needs to be the same.

Please kindly check all the document and make the changes according the documentation of payment update online. This should resolve your issue.

I hope it helps you

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Vanessa,

Online payment is working after we assign GLs to proper item categories as part of document splitting configuration.

CHris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All!

Give me please document 'Payment Online Update.pdf'.

I can not find it anywhere.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

It is already attached to this thread, please read my post at " Feb 14, 2009 9:40 AM in response to: Chris Farr "

kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mar

Can you upload "Payment Online Update.pdf" again, please, becouse it is not possible to download it (at least for me).

Regards

Andrá

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I've uploaded a zip file, please try and let me know

Thanks!

regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I have now.

Regards

Andrá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

Is this "Payment Online Update.pdf" document available? I cannot see it as an attachment anywhere in this thread, although it's referred to several times.

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Could you please upload the file again?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Could you please upload the pdf dcoument again?

I couldnot find it anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Venessa,

Can you please send the FM online payment update document.

My client is having requirement to consume budget only when the payment is made and not at the time of invoice posting.

Thanks and Regards,

Naman Shah

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Osvaldo,

I read SAP Library, I was able to figure out most of it. But I just want to be sure before i proceed. We are already using Fund management, (atleast part of it). Right now our standard process is  the consume budget at the time of PO or Invoice. But now they only want to track expense on cash basis.

Can you provide me configuration document so that  I can test in sandbox to analyze.

Thank you

Naman Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people, i´m trying to active the payment update online but the check box is deactivated.

I have read some notes but i can´t understand this:

"Important: You can use the online payment update only if you are not already using the program RFFMS200, that is, if you execute a new installation.

What does it mean?

If we have run the program we can no longer use the update only functionality?

Thanks in advance.

Pd: I can not down load the documents, could you please send it to mattoswal hot.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mattoswal ,

could you tell me if it was possible to enable the check box for the PaymentUpdate activate online? As an activist? ... I used some notes but have not been successful is even deactivate the check box.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

I've tried the pdf and the payment update is not success.

Please tell me what else I must do to activate the payment update online?

Oh ya.. I wanna ask something. Is payment update online can used in BCS?

Thanks.