cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameter between Components

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

I have two components in different applications. One is use to display details to an employee and the other shows a manager a rollup of employee's detail information. There is a button on each employee in the manager view where the manager can display the employee detail view. I've part of it working but it is just displaying the loged on user's employee information. I need help with getting the key across.

Currently the onInit in the employee controller obtains the user's userid to use as key and does the data inquiry for the detail view.

I have added the employee window interface controller to the manager component. The outbound plug on the manager has a parameter on it and I populated it with the employee key. The inbound plug on the interface contoller has the key -

How do I get access to this key in the employee detail component?

Regards,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look at the below thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Go through this blog

/people/sudhir.gorantla4/blog/2008/02/27/componentization-of-webdynpro-application-in-ce71

Regards,

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

I think that a better solution is that you include your component detail in used components in you manager component, with that if you create; atributes, nodes, methods in the interface controller of your detail controler, you can acces those from your manager controller.

Regards.