cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select and delete CVCs with a CCMS background job ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to automate CVC deletion via a background job. The CVC to be deleted need to be selected using a Selection over characteristic "Product" (existing characteristic in my POS).

In /SAPAPO/MC62 transaction I don't see a way to create a program variant with my CVC-to-be-deleted selection and scheduling this in the background (CCMS job) - the function "Delete from a Combination list" seems to be made for online use only since you have to mark all the CVCs to be deleted (after entering your selection criteria) and press button "Delete"

I was trying to use program /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_SE16 (which seems to be behind /SAPAPO/MC62tcode) - but this is for "display CVCs" only - not for deletion using a selection.

Any ideas ?

Tks

Thomas Schulze

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

tks for the responses ... seems there is no standard way of doing "selective CVC deletion" in a DP PlanningArea in SCM.

There is only one way to automate deletion of all CVC of a Planning Area/PLOB if you use program /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONTENT_DEL ... but this will remove all CVCs and you need to have the PlanningArea being de-initialzied beforehand.

Regards

Thomas Schulze

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

As mentioned by many, there is no standard program & you may need to build a custom program for this. Nevertheless, I have a certain procedure in mind which can automate the maintainence of CVCs in APO DP.

We normally use (atleast) 2 cubes for APO DP, one is the Input cube and the other a Backup cube. The input cube will contain only latest & relevant sales data and normally you would want your planning area to contain these. However, in due course, we will end up with redundant CVCs of old products in planning area, if left unattended. So, what we do is, after the latest backup load is created, we delete all data in planning area and delete all CVCs. You may need a small program here to delete all CVCs, which is still better than developing a complex program to delete redundant CVCs and identifying the CVCs to be deleted using some logic. Identifying the redundant CVCs to be deleted amongst thousands of CVCs and automating it is the greatest pain here.

Next, after the sales load into Input cube containing only relevant combinations, you re-create all CVCs based on your Input cube and load sales data. Once sales data is loaded, you can load the backup data from backup cube back into planning area. Thus, if any redundant CVCs were present earlier and that combination is not present in Input cube, it will be left out.

Check this out and see whether it helps meet your requirement.

cheers,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try this program: /SAPAPO/RMDP_MD_DELETE_TMP..not sure if it works for you. Just give a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I don't think there is direct way of doing it besides /SAPAPO/MC62 .You need to write a custom program to call /SAPAPO/MC62 and than create a variant for the custom program to do it.

Manish

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Schulze

Unfortunately, program /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_SE16 does not work in background mode.

So to fulfill your requirement, how about create program that calls FM /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_DELETE

? or create batch input program or conduct realigment ?

Best Regards

Keiji