Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate more than one profile through SM19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Kindly tell me how can I activate more than one profile (actually several profiles and not a single profile) through SM19?

I need to audit the failed application access attempts to determine whether the failed access attempts are genuine mistakes or deliberate attempts to perform unauthorized functions.

I have already verified in the forum and I didnu2019t find any answer, which is available for my question.

Also, I've already read the process through http://help.sap.com/saphelpnw70/helpdata/EN/2c/c59d37d373243de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm_

Thanks in advance

Dam

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my knowledge, audit profiles need to be created first before logs can be written. These profiles limit the amount and type of data to be written into the security audit files, making the subsequent security reports more meaningful to the administrator.

Just try these however even I haven't tried to activate mulitple profiles.

Steps: In the t-code sm19 -> click on Create-> now here - instead of giving single profile give mulitple profile-> choose execute.

Once you specify filter groups-> click on candle like icon which you see above to activate multiple profiles.

Note: While defining Filter group 1, make sure you check "Filter Active" checkbox and while defining Filter group 2, this check box should be blank.

Regards,

Geetha

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that it is possible to have more than one active profile. I could not find this limitation in the documentation but there are some indirect clues such as

When an event occurs that matches an active filter (for example, a transaction start), the audit log generates a corresponding audit message and writes it to the audit file.

Anyway, you can create one general profile which will cover all your separate profiles and use it. Later on you will use filtering functions of SM20 to go back to your original profiles.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend increasing the number of "selection slots" to the maximum (is 10 if I remember) before setting any filters (changing later will wipe out your filters).

This means that on both the static and the dynamic profile, you can set 10 filters each.

So that is 20 "sets of filters", half of which can be turned on / off on-the-fly per application server.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

First of all, thanks a lot! Cause I couldn't reach my purpose through your answer!

I'm so happy for that!

Certainly, you had helped a lot of people here!

Congrats!

Best Regards,

Dam

0 Kudos

Yep, and you have a nice weekend too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dam,

You can use dynamic filters in SM19 to setup more than one filter. You can use upto 5 filters. The number of filters that you can enable is controlled via a parameter rsau/selection_slots the maximum value for this is 5.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chinmaya