cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Field with attribute = A (Hidden by SAP) in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to use Standard Extractor 0FI_GL_4 and extract relevant data.The problem is field PS_POSID (WBS Element),it is hidden by SAP (PS_POSID is with field attribute = A.You can check in RSA2 for 0FI_GL_4.) Also field attribute A cant be changed by customer.

So can any one suggest me how to have work around?I have to use this field and this extractor as I am procesing in BW based on PS_POSID instead of PROJK.So the problem is to get the value of PS_POSID by using 0FI_GL_4.

If I use transaction code RSA5, and activate the datasource 0FI_GL_4, this field will appear in RSA6. I tried the same in Sandbox system. But I couldn't check one thing, whether it causes any problem to currently loaded delta? Currently from datasource 0FI_GL_4 delta is loaded to BW. If I use RSA5 and activate that datasource, do I need to reset the delta mechanism?

Please advise. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The problem can be easily overcome if you understand the ROOSOURCE table. You need to execute tthe bewlow program

Here are the steps:

Goto R/3 -> RSO2 -> your datasource and see if the newly added fields are there. If yes, then check if the checkbox for hidden is checked. If so, then uncheck them.

Goto R/3 -> SE11/SE16 -> ROOSFIELD table and see if you see the new fields for your datasource. If you see the new fields then execute this program:

tables ROOSFIELD. 
Update ROOSFIELD set SELECTION = 'X' where OLTPSOURCE = '<your datasource>' and FIELD = '<field which is missing>'. 

Execute the program for each of the field and check the entries in RSA6/RSO2.

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amol_jaiswal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

In RSA6, I donot see that field PS_POSID at all. I checked another thread where Sorabh had faced similar problem for some other field and it was resolved by reinstalling the content. The thing which I want to know is that whether this resets the existing delta mechanism?

Thanks,

Amol

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of reinstalling you should be able to just uncheck the field.

What is the error you get when you try to uncheck this in RSA6 ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Go to TX-RSA6 & unhide(uncheck) .

Thanks,

Vijay.