Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ranges for all doc's ( IN - F2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

We have 2 comp codes,

What would be the best practise to have number ranges for the sales doc's-

as of now, I maintianed same number ranges for both company codes. But I no, there would be conflict between the documents such as,

user-1 ( comp code-1) & user-2(company code-2) may create Std order-OR at the same time.then numbering might get effected.

am having around 30 doc types ( from Inquiry - Invoice).

is it better to use diff doc type & number ranges for each company or should i use the same doc type ( hence number range will become same).?

suggest me asap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AS PER client req- we need to maintain number ranges based on "Company code & Brach wise".

So we are going for Userexit for Invoice documents only.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While it is okay if you have same number ranges for sale orders and delivery, it is better to have a separate number range for billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

from std doc type config, we can have one invoice doc type for each sales doc type.

if that is the case, we cant have 2 diff number ranges for billing doc's with same sales doc's.

( or else we should use USEREXIT to pick the specific number range wrt: sales org/comp code wise)

are u suggesting to for number range USEREXIT?

plz confirm.

other than USEREXIT, is it possible with std configuration to differentiate number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use same number range this will not cause any problem in identification.

Sales document number are always tracked at sales org level.

If you maintain same number range it is easy for users to track the order which strat with specfic number in any sales org.

In general practice for all same number range is used for different sales orgs.

Regards

vK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi

I would suggest you to have different number rangers for each company code. this will be easy to identify the the document of which company code it belongs to. and to avoid the confusion.

i suggest if possible go to alpha numeric, like if you have A and B company codes

use Axxxxxxxxxx for A company code

use Bxxxxxxxxxx for B company code

Regards

Neelima

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case,

i need to create same doc types again ( i will have 60 doc types) which creates more confusion, i guess-

is it suggestable to have alpha numeric numbers for sales doc's- ?

we never used alpha numeric for sales doc's-