cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view does not show data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I develop an iview which is subscribing to the employee search iview event. so whenever manager clicks on an employee...i get some employee information from my bapi and display to the manager...the problem i am facing is that...i can not seem to get the data to display....

i did some debugging and found that bapi is returning all the required data...and also employee pernr is getting pass to bapi as well...so all is good there...

also i have this bapi call in the same action where i get the pernr from my dataObject parameter...which is filled by the event...when the manager clicks on an employee....

i thought that i might have mapping issue....so i moved the same code for calling bapi to my wddoinit method of my component controller...and assign a static pernr....it seems that mapping is correct...since i was able to see the data in my view...

i can not seem to figure out...why when i call bapi from my action...no data is visible....but when i call bapi (using the same code )from wddoinit method...my data is visible....

any input on this...

Thanks...

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

At first you have to check table cardinality set to 0.n or any other else..cardinality set..0.n.then create

nade instance which is mappint to ur table.after that ..you have to check back end node which is having data from backe end..if data is available then make it loop upto back end table size.then

table instance.getnodeattributElementAt(i).getAny data.

then add element into table node.

wdcontext.nodetable.addelement(element).

then iot will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

created the project again, and now it is working.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I am getting the pernr correctly....I did debug my bapi....bapi is receiving the correct pernr...it is even generating the output table for me....but view does not display any data....when the bapi is called from employee search iview event method...

same bapi code works if i set a pernr and than call bapi from my wddoinit method of component controller...so i know it is not the mapping issue...

this is strange issue...

any help would be great....

Thanks...

J.

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J,

Please can you check with External Debugging whether you are able to debugg or not?

Thanks,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

while executing Bapi fron the action method have checked the pernr you are passing by priting it is it is coming correct or not.

Since you have used pernr in wdDoInit() method as static thats y it might showing the data.

please check it.

Regards

Narendra