cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do i see Connection Security option to select FTPS in file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

where do i see Connection Security option to select FTPS in file adapter?

I am trying to use FTPS. I went through

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm. It says i need to select security option as FTPS.

I dont see any option to select FTPS in the file(FTP) adapter.

We are on sp 14. We installed SAP Java Cryptographic tool kit.

Can you help me out?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick response.

This is the list I have

FTP Connection Parameters

- Server*

- Port*

Check Box(Anonymous Login)(I have selected)

- User Name

-Password

- Connect Mode (2 options Perminently/Per File Transfer

-Teansfer Mode( 2 Options, Text/Binary)

- Directory*

- File name

Thats all i have .

Do i need to install any thig to get the other options.

Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i checked it again on our machine which is also SP14 and i do have that option there. So probably you're missing the latest Adapter Metadata? Did you check the version of component SAP BASIS 6.40 in the repository? Under tab details it should list 14 as latest SP. Normally importing the latest version of that component is a post installation / patching step, but if it is forgotten, you won't see some of the new features in the adapters as they rely on the adapter metadata which is part of the content.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine,

You are right. Version of Basis component is 9. How can i update it. When i goto help->Information in repository it is showing sp 14. But this Component is at sp 9.

What are the steps i need to follow to install basis component 14.

( I am using the radio button to add the points, but it doesn't seems to update your points. I wil try to fix it)

I really appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganges,

you will need to download the latest XI Content for this component from the service marketplace http://service.sap.com/swdc --> Download --> Support Packages and Patches --> Entry by Application Group --> SAP Content --> Process Integration Content --> XI Content SAP BASIS (or directly using this link <a href="https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=LIST&HEADER=&FUNCTIONBAR=&EVENT=LIST&ONR=01200615320200007277&NTYPE=T_CV_DELO&V=MAINT&TA=ACTUAL&U=C5050484&AI=SWTYPSC|&AI=PECCLSC|DB&AI=PECU_DB|DBINDEP&AI=DELO|10002690">SAP BASIS XI Content</a>). Then unzip it to the import directory of the repository application and import it via the menu path Tools --> Import Design Objects.

And then, when you finally managed to get it run, tell you Basis guy, that he needs to follow all steps when applying support packages to the system, because the very last one is importing the latest content for the SAP BASIS component

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

I did what you said. And i got the options i need.

Do i need to setup any thing else on the visual admin,or on the ftp server.

Thank you for all your quick and valuable responses

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having same issue with the FTPS in our SAP PI systems. On the Target FTP server side we are using the Proftpd software for the FTPS installed and configuration on port 990 and generated Certificate on FTP Server using Proftpd software.

In SAP PI server Communication Channel Configuration we use below FTP configuration.

FTP Connection Parameters.

Server : xxxxx

Port :990

Data Connection : Passive

Connection Security : FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control Connection

Command Order : AUTH TLS,USER,PASS,PBSZ,PROT

We are not using any [ ] X.509 Certificate for Clinet Authentication

The above Parameter settings for FTPS working fine without any issues, CC Polling process successfully finishing for every 60 seconds as defined.

ISSUE

When we change the Connection Security : FTPS(FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control and Data connection

and start the CC its geting errors "........ Certificate rejected by Chain Verifier".

We tried with couple of options on the Proftpd FTP client configuration file

with TLSRequired <on> <auth+data> but getting same error, but its working fine with the option

TLSRequired ctrl.

Please let us know your suggestions whether we can continue withe the Control Connection option or any solution if we use Control and Data Connection.

Thanks in advance

Gary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have selected FTP as Message Protocol look at the box which is titled "FTP Connection Parameters". The 4th element in that box is titled "connection security" and there is a drop down box which per default has "none" as selected value, but also allows the selection of FTP for Control Connection and FTP for Control and Data Connection.

Regards

Christine