cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where does this error message come

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts,

I have a question to error message on the top of the screen. I have some selection options as inputfields. By clicking the "search" button, the inputs will be sent as parameter of a service call (FM at back end system).

I did set any exception handling yet in this view, but when I input an invalid date and click the search button, error message appears on the top of the screen.

As there is also no UI element bound with this error message, I am curious where it comes.

As in the FM there is no statement to check the validibiilty of the inputs. I think the error message was generated before calling FM.

So my question is:

-where will this check be carried out?

-how does the error message appear on the screen, in spite the fact that it is not bound to any UI element?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Fan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Prashant,

thanks for your prompt reply. Can you explain a bit more or can you send me a relavant link about this WD framework handling the exception and show error message? Because I try to create now my own exception handling, like creating a msg area with the corresponding UI element. Is it possible to let all the error msg show in this UI element, no matter it comes from my own exception handling or WD framework exception handling?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Fan

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to let all the error msg show in this UI element, no matter it comes from my own exception handling or WD framework exception handling

Yes, it is possible. If you use msg area UI element, all the msg s will come in that.

You can refer to the standard component:

WDR_TEST_MESSAGE_AREA

WDR_TEST_MSG_AREA

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fan,

Attribute being used would have a DOMAIN. Error Message comes from the conversion routine attached at the domain level for the date , for example domain GBDAT has conversion routine attached called PDATE. This error is handled by WD Framework and u see the error message.

Greetings

Prashant

P.S. Points welcome