cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have two SAP servers, one is Developement another one is Production server.Now we have the Data in Developement server ,in that Developement data I want to move to Production server through homogeneous system copy.Development server SID=DEV,Hostname= development, and Production server SID=PRD,Hostname= production.Is it possible ,If it is possible I will go a head and do it,if it is not possible through remote client copy I will do it.

Best Regards,

krishnamurthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This simply does make any sense... if you do a HSC to production you'll delete all your "productive" data... and probably you'll make a lot of people angry

Same with client copy... so please don't do this!!!

The right way to move developments to production is by using transports.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I have Installed new Production system.There was no data that is fresh copy with SID=PRD that's it.

Please give me sugestion.

BR,

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

If fresh copy, read --> , if OS/DB are same do Homogeneous, if not then heterogeneous. Read in guides more clearly.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Now we have the Data in Developement server ,in that Developement data I want to move to Production server through homogeneous system copy.

It doesnt make sense... If you have tested loading the data on the development server, and if its working fine, you should load the data on production server by making a BDC for the specific transaction. thats how should be done. NOT by doing a system copy from development to production.

Before moving the data, all the confugurations and developments have to be moved to the production system using TRANSPORTS.

If you are doing a system copy from development to production, then why do you need a production system?

So, ask your consultants to move the configuration and developments to production and then create a BDC to load the data on to production.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have done Homogeneous system copy SID=DEV to SID=DEV Instance No also same,host name also same ,then it was working fine .But here SID=PRD,Instance No=02,Host name is different .I want know whether it will work or not all the data as a production , which I have restored Development Data into Production system.I know the procedure how to do system copy.I need confirmation.

BR,

kk

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During HSC you'll be asked for the target system details including the SID you obviously have not read the documentation.

Please read the documentation available in SAP Marketplace which give you detailed information of the process.

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Also as i mentioned before I would much rather transport the data and config... you'll finish with a much cleaner system.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jaun

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome

Please close the thread if your question is now answered.

Regards

Jaun