cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/bufrefmode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

for what we use the paramenter rdisp/bufrefmode.

Regards!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaun,

Thanks for the suggestion,

I already gone through this document, and not been clear, i need some in-deapth knowledge.

Thanks & Regards!!

Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaun,

what i got is Buffer synchronization is required only for distributed SAP Systems when more than one application server (instance) is used. If our SAP System utilizes only one application server (instance), buffer synchronization is not needed.if we want to use that parameter then for

central instance (that is, only one instance in the whole SAP System), we should set the following parameter as rdisp/bufrefmode : sendoff, exeauto.

May i right - Kindly let me know.

Regards!!

Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Yes, you are right. rdisp/bufrefmode is only used when you have one or more application servers, to synchronise the buffers between the Central Instance and the Application Servers.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, thats correct

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am researching the same issue as we had a problem occur today when a transport caused inconsistencies between the buffer and what the system had buffered and users had opened. Users were getting LOAD_TYPE_VERSION_MISMATCH dumps as well as OBJECT_TABLES_NOT_COMPATIBLE.

After the program buffer was flushed manually did the buffers load with the latest program changes that came with the transport and the problems stopped.

Reading through notes 1544534, 36282 and 14754, it seems like the buffers should take the latest version and refresh it in the buffer when a buffered object is coming in the transport request as long as the exeauto

is on (even if you only have one instance, like us). "

We have kernel patch 247 which sets the rdisp/bufrefmode to exeauto automatically on our only central instance.

Unless I am not uderstanding the notes correctly, why didn't the buffers refresh when a buffered object came in the transport request? And what can I do to prevent inconsistencies between the DB/OS and the buffers other then resetting the buffers manually?

Note 14754: "Buffer invalidation (exeauto) should always be set so that changes to buffered objects that arrive in the system by transports are also synchronized. The setting exeoff is permitted only for test purposes."

Edited by: Sergiy Mysyk on Feb 20, 2009 11:27 PM