cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP15-Alert Container Not Found Error & Not Showing up in Emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone:

Just wondering if anyone has come across the situation I am currently in...the alert containers are neither getting resolved when the alerts show up in RWB Alert Inbox (i.e. <container> not found error) nor are they showing up in the emails.

We are on SP15. I have defined the containers in ALRTCATDEF and have used them in the Message Title and Long Text fields.

Do I need to play with the paramter settings in Container Element Properties tab? Did I miss anything? I have searched both SDN, SAP notes and OSS db (to some extent). Has anyone come across this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing similar problem. I applied the OSS note but I am still not getting the Alert Variables in my email. The Alert is being generated from the BPM Control step.

Thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ashish, please make sure the user/s you have defined in Fixed Alert Recipients for the alert category with the container elements should be the recipient/s of these emails, else the container elements will not show up in the emails. Hope that helps!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi amjad,

Just check the note 913858 and the first question in this note. I think that note has to be implemented irrespective of which SP you are on.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SP16 and still looking at the note 835031 (mentioned in 913858) to possibly resolve the issue of alert container elements not showing up in the alert emails (they show up in the alerts in the alert inbox in RWB). This note is asking for a change to a DEACTIVE object ELEMENT_IMPORT_BOR_VALUE of class CL_SWF_CNT_SERVICE.

Though this note says that this issue has been corrected in sp15 and we are on sp16 but I still wanted to make sure.

Has anyone come across the issue of alert container elements not showing up in alert emails but are showing up in the alerts in the RWB alert inbox? Thanks!

former_member189324
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Check the BP Monitoring Log for the Alert Step where you can check the details of the Error log why the container variables are not showing in the Alert.

Also make sure you use the Container Variables in the Long/Short Text of the Alert Definition.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Guess what...I tried the same scenario in SP16 and the containers are now showing up in the alert inbox BUT not in the emails. The long text is not showing up as defined in ALRTCATDEF in the emails. Any ideas? Thanks!