cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Proxy Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting the following error when generating a server proxy from an Inbound interface in an ECC system (Goto -> Show Log):

Interface Z_<Interface_name>

Objects from other namespaces missing Unable to save. see long text

Field P0000ACTIONS

Object (type|name|namespace) from other namespaces missing:

type | P0000ACTIONS | www.compname/Common/HR/DataTypes

I am generating Proxy Objects from the inbound interface from a component that has a dependency deifined on a Base Componens containing common data structures.

Thanks

Damien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generating objects in the "Common" namespace first solved my issue. I received a message and sent a response to confirm.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Damien,

I couldn't reply earlier. Nice to know that the problem is solved. Could you clarify on this

I select the data types used in my interface right click and select to Generate Proxy

Generated proxy on datatype?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Yes on the data type from the Context menu there is the option to "Create Proxy". This creates the DDIC entry for the data type.

Thanks

Damien

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy objects from other namespace to your namespace and use it further for the proxy related interface. Then try to generate proxy.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Do these Objects really need to be in the same namespace ?. What I have just done before your reply is go to the other namespace i.e the namespace where the common objects are located. From there I select the data types used in my interface right click and select to Generate Proxy. I then save and activate. Once all the data types were saved and activated I went back to my inbound Interface and Generated the proxy. Following this all the error messages previously in the log were gone so I saved and activated. I now assume that the objects are available for populating in the interface. Please let me know if u thin different.

Thanks

Damien