cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resending sucessful messages from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a typical scenario where I am sending A N Idocs of same message type and converting them as single EDIFACT file with unique generated UHB refernce number and sending the file using Seeburger AS2 adapter . everthing is working fine .

The requirement is we got resend the EDIFACT message based on UHB refernce if partner requested again in feature. As we cant resend the Idocs again as we would end up creating new UHB refernce. So we need a mechnisam in XI to resend the sucessful messages which consists searching the message on a field value(UHB Refernce) and send it to same partner. just wondering is there any tool already exists in XI ?

regards

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

there is no standard way, but you can set up a recovering mechanism with a abap mapping.

Your messages will get an additional abap mapping, where you log them in a cluster table. Thats quite easy, plz have a look to my weblog:<a href="/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/02/16/own-logging-of-xi-messages Logging of XI Messages</a>

If a system request for a sended message, it has to give some key values (you said the "UHB reference", what ever it can be). Of cource that key values had to be logged as well in other fields of that table. The request is mapped with another abap mapping where you look in the cluster table for the right message.

I implemented such a recovering mechanism already, it is running without problems in a "life system".

Regards,

Udo

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. you can use the test tab in RWB and paste the messsage

and send it directly to the IE

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

2. non sap supported:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages

3. or even like this:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/28/simulating-xi-messages-proto

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal, The second link is quiet useful , Propably I will go to implement Z transaction to send the messages as you described. I just wonder has anybody got any Idea to search for the message on a field value, I guess we could do based on Xquery/Xpath rathen that supply message ID

regards

Murali

former_member189324
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can search a message based on Payload text using Trex engine in the RWB. This feature is currenlty available with XI30-SPS15 and above.

Check the below Web log which was piloted with XI30-SPS14. But with SPS15 there are some changes in the message serach.

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine

Regards

Prasad