cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java mapping-Linkage error occurred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working with java mapping and developed my jar file using netbeans 5.5.

In xi I imported jar file into imported archive, here I am getting 2 file .java and .class file,

and than used this imported jar file while defining interface mapping by selecting mapping program type as java class.

When I am testing this Interface mapping using test tab it is showing error

u201CLinkage error occurred when loading class map/mapping (http://javamap, acc65010-cada-11da-c1c1-e631ac10b8d9, -1u201D

I tested my mapping program at netbeans by just putting main function into the program .it generating perfect XML what I required.

Please help me why this error is coming.

regards, navneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Java 1.4 version for Compiling and JAR formation in Netbeans.

- Gujjeti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi praveen,

Thanks for ur reply.

in my netbeans 5.5 the default jdk is 1.5.how i can use jdk 1.4 for the compiling. do i need to ask my administrator to install jdk 1.4 and than use this version.

my xi server having jdk 1.4.

is this error coming due to jdk mismatch .....

regards, navneet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

Please check the note 755302, in case you do not have access to marketplace, below is the content of the note.

The LINKAGE_ERROR error occurs during the mapping.

The trace contains "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Illegal name":

As of the jdk 1.4.2_05 from Sun, this program error occurs during the mapping in the runtime or during testing in the Repository. This error may also occur in conjunction with jdks of other vendors or other versions.

The error is corrected with Support Package 5 for Support Package 03 for the XI TOOLS 3.0 software component.

Hope this is Useful...

Even I faced a Similar Problem...

Best regards,

Sainath Chutke

Edited by: Sainath Chutke on Feb 11, 2009 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sainath,

thanks for the reply.

u r saying that the error is corrected with Support Package 5 for Support Package 03 for the XI TOOLS 3.0 software component. r u talking about xi service pack. we r already using xi3.0 with SP15.

regards, navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sainath,

thanks all of u for replying my Query.

i able to resolve the issue , i solved the prob as follows.

I am using Netbeans 5.5 and the default jdk is 1.5. i compiling my java file and than generated the jar file. when i am using this .jar file in my xi it is showing linkage error, because my XI 3.0 supporting the jdk version 1.4 and hence it is showing linkage error.

to solve this i installed JDK 1.4 and used this version to compile and generate .jar file it worked perfectly.

to use different jdk version at netbeans go to your project -

> right click and than go to properties tab. than at left hand side select libraries----at top right select manage platformclick add platform- select the jdk version here and follow the wizard.

regards, navneet