cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window to be displayed at FIRST and NEXT page (sapscript)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a SAPSCRIPT form with FIRST and NEXT page. The requirement needs is to display window with named SIGN in both page (FIRST and NEXT).

I have created the window named SIGN in FIRST page. Can I created a similar window in NEXT page? Or there is a way to do this without create another WINDOW with SIGN2? because it is duplicated.

Kindly guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can assign the same window to the second page also.

Click on Page Windows -> Give the name of Second Page,

Edit -> Create Element -> SIGN (window which u need ).

Now the Window is Assigned to both the First and Second Page.

Thanks,

Nithya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your input. However like I have mentioned, I have tried to create the same window named SIGN in NEXT page (previous already created SIGN in FIRST page), a error message prompt out "Window SIGN already exists".

It means FIRST page and NEXT page cannot have same window name?

As I cannot create a same window name in both FIRST and NEXT page, I have created 2 different windows, with same content (sound not really good).

Another question is, how can I call the function call WRITE_FORM for both pages?

call function 'WRITE_FORM'
         exporting
              element = 'SIGNATURE'
              window  = 'SIGN'.

call function 'WRITE_FORM'
         exporting
              element = 'SIGNATURE'
              window  = 'SIGN2'.

The reason I ask this is because, when I tried to print the form, an error message prompt out, cannot find SIGN2.

I think the program is trying to call the window SIGN2 in the FIRST page.

Can someone guide me how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Anyone has idea for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can create a WINDOW only once with same name.But u can assign the same window to whichever page u want.

Follow the Steps:

1. Create the window which u want to place in the pages.

2. Click PAGE WINDOWS tab. Click the FIRST page (ur first page name ).

3. Click EDIT -> CREATE ELEMENT -> all the windows whichever u have created will appear. now select the window which u want to include.

Follow 2 & 3 steps for the second page also .

the CALL FUNCTION Statement is correct.Use the same driver program.

Thanks,

Nithya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In pages, for next page assign the first page.

Then, its not required to explicitely invoke the sign window once or twice, since in the form its a window other than MAIN, it is automatically invoked whenever that form , MAIN window are called using the function module write_form.

IN PAGE WINDOWS create a page window of the sign window you have mentioned in WINDOWS tab.

I have simulated a requirement similar to yours and its working for me the way i suggested.

Let me know if you have anymore queries regarding this.

Thanks

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In windows tab ,u will find all windows that u have created irrespective of the pages.

So,if u want to use the same window,u can goto that page,click on page windows,then

goto>edit->create element(this shows u all windows avaialable),then select one from them.

Give next page as second for first page.

Then use writeform in openform and closeform.

This automatically prints the windows of corresponding pages( need not call explicitly).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u click on page windows of last page,u will be able to see the windows already created,

so,u can click on it and can use the same in last page also.

If u have same text to be displayed,u can obviously use this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the pages>standard attributes>

page : first page

next page : next page

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Else, if the structure of the page following the first page is similar to the first page, you can mention first page as the next page itself, this way the window is available on the next page too as per your requirement

Thanks and regards

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath Panuganti,

Thanks for your reply. Could me please guide me step-by-step how to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create the SIGN window in the next page too.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

I have tried to create WINDOW SIGN in both FIRST and NEXT page. Unfortunately, when I tried to create in NEXT page it prompts the error message "Window SIGN already exists".