cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using BPR and user-defined processes with EHP1 functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to build a Solution Manager structure to work with EPH1, but need to know if we have to use BPR processes or can we create our own. Here is an explanation of the question.

Currently if we look at the graphic for the steps of a process we see each step organized into the slot of the logical component it is assigned to. This is true whether or not the step has transactions. (For example CRM and some of the extension set processes in ECC don't have transactions). I can also add

my own processes and steps also as long as I assign the step to a logical component. Once Iu2019m finished copying from the BPR or creating my process I create the connecting lines on the graphic. Each of these lines can have an interface assigned to it. Eventually I have an accurate representation of the whole business process that is actually used later in business process monitoring to monitor instances of the process running in production. My understanding is as long as I define and connect all systems in my system landscape (SAP and non-SAP) the monitoring process should run smoothly.

The question for us is do the functions of the Documentation Assistant such as below work with these user defined processes for analysis and upgrade.

Automated business process documentation of managed projects and solutions

􀂄 Automated identification of daily used business objects

􀂄 Visualization of used standard business processes for

􀂄 Managed projects

􀂄 Managed solutions

􀂄 External SAP Solution Manager projects or solutions

􀂄 Accessible via Solution Documentation Assistant Work Center

How to use SAP Solution Documentation Assistant?

1. Usage of SAP Solution Manager - System landscape infrastructure (System Landscape)

2. Automatic mapping process (Business Process Repository)

3. Automatic identification of existing SAP standard core business processes

4. Usage analysis of custom objects

5. Identification of potentially obsolete objects

6. Business Blueprint creation

We haven't used Solution Manager in the past but want to move into it as part of our upgrade now.

We are beginning to build the structure in the Solution Manager for the first time, but we arenu2019t familiar with the processes in the BPR and trying to reverse engineer from our transactions into BPR processes is very difficult and time consuming. It will be most efficient and useful to build the structure from scratch from our own processes, but we donu2019t want to make a mistake that will not allow us to use the EHP1 functionality.

Thanks/judy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Judy,

in order to use Business Process Monitoring there is no need to either use Business Process templates from the Business Process Repository nor to use the Solution Documentation Assistant. These are just means that should make the effort smaller when documenting processes. But you can also just create business processes from scratch in the Solution Directory.

Kepp in mind that these processes need to have status "productive" so that they can be used for BPMon.

More information on BPMon can be found under https://service.sap.com/bpm --> Media Library --> Technical Information.

Best Regards

Volker

Answers (0)