cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a situation where we have Key account customer that fax their Purchase Orders to us with a price.

The Credit Sales Ord Type we have designed forces user to populate this amount into this field when capturing the Sales Order for the customer.

However we need to use the same order type to capture orders for ordinary customer without forcing the user to capture the Amount in the required field .

The one way to resolve is 2 different order types the for the different customers with different screen variants

I however need a different solution and was considering that if the Customer master group for the ordinary customer has a different value to key account customers could I have a user exit forcing the order type to have this field populated if its a Key Account Customer validating against the value found in the customer group field.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Regards

Kasy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using a customer group (or any other field in the customer master, for that matter) to differentiate "special customers" from the others seems like a good solution to me. Additional requirements may be fulfilled using a user exit.

There is also a field Pricing Procedure (KNVV-KALKS) in the customer master, where you can assign a different pricing procedure to certain customers. Perhaps you could create a special pricing procedure with a mandatory manual pricing condition - then you wouldn't need any user exits. Unfortunately, I've never done this and not sure if it would work this way...

There should be no need to create a separate order type.

Answers (0)