cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Table values not getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am submitting for e.g. 2 lines through FLM portal. but when i check the data in FPE posting report it shows only the first line. (I am checking the data in debug mode). What needs to be done ?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please specify if you are using Forms wit WDJ or WDA and the version of teh Adobe Livecycle designer you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using WDA and AdobeLCDesigner ES 8.2.

I am using dynamic table in forms, using add instance which adds line in the table. I added say 3 lines in the table and entered data in the respective fields. Then i submit the form. Then in ECC i run the FPE program to update data in ECC. but i see only the first line.

Edited by: NIKHILKUMAR POOJARI on Feb 12, 2009 11:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nikhil,

This is happening because the rows which are being added in the PDF, are not simultaenously being updated in the internal table which is bound to it.

I suppose you have taken normal buttons to add and delete rows, take submit buttons from WebDynpro native or WebDynpro Active X library.

This button's will generate an OnSubmit event when clicked, and in this create a event handler method.

In this method read the data from PDF table data into an internal table.Based on which button a user has clicked, add or remove a row from that internal table and then you can bind the internal table to the node again.

So, at any time your internal table will always have the latest data from PDF.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,,

I'm stuck in a similiar problem. With the add row, the adobe is adding a new row fine but not an empty one but the last row gets repeated. Also, the on filling the new row with fresh values I'm not able to get it back in my click event.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

P.S Mr. Runal pls elaborate on your solution for this.

Regds,

JGupta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the same values are being repeated in all the lines then in the binding of the fields you need to add [*].

e.g. $record.REINSTATEMEN.OPERATION_NUMBER

you need to change it to $record.REINSTATEMEN[*].OPERATION_NUMBER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jit,

I had exact same repeating problem.. check out this post...

Now coming to final solution : 

For designing a table in adobe interactive form you have consider following 
You have to design the view context upto three level, I am explaining you the properties 

PDFDataSource (*Parent Level1*) - Cardinality 1:1 - Signetone -True - This is assigned to datasource 

TableList (*Parent Level2*) - Cardinality (1:1) - Signetone -True 
TableWrapper(*Parent Level3*) - Cardinality (0:n) - Signetone -True 
TableData (*Parent Level4*) - Cardinality (0:1) - Signetone - false (*This is the main point)* 

Then under TableData value node, you have to put all your table attributes. 

This Value Node name can be anything but hierarchy should be same as I have mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I'm assuming that you are using WD ABAP for your scenario to update through BAPI. If it is so,

I have faced similar problem and could able to solve this. Please go through my thread:

Regards,

Ravi.D