Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interlock for confirmation of activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My scenario is as follows -

I have created project structure, It has single network and activities looped into.

Activities are spread across several WBS elements.

I have done scheduling of netwok by linking all activities and defined relationship (FS) in network graphics.

The finish to start sequence is like this

10 - 20 - 30 - 40 - 50 and so on

Problem - After releasing the project and network, I am able to confirm any activity in above sequence.

Requirement - system should not allow me to confirm activity 30 before confirmation of activity 10 and 20.

But I am able to confirm activity 30 before confirming 10 & 20.

Pl suggest me which settings I may need to do. Useful answer will be blessed with full marks.

Thanks and Regards

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to attach a milestone to each activty with a milestone function to release the subsequent activity

this way when activity 10 is completed, it will triger the releae af activity 20 and so on

obviously if not REL then you cannot confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Parimal,

Please go to the T-code OPSU and find the control key used in your network profile. Now change the confirmation indicator to "2 - Confirmation Required".

This will solve your requirement

Regards,

Uddhab Paul

Edited by: Uddhab Paul on Feb 12, 2009 7:29 AM

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not OBSU, instead it is OPSU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

The option you have suggested will not solving the problem.

That option is not for the interlocking of the activity....rather it is just specifies wheather confirmation is required or not.

It has nothing to do with the sequence of confirmation.

Dear Gurus....

Pl help me out if u have any solution on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After doing the necessary changes in OPSU, if you link the different activities with relationship as F-S (Finish to Start) or F- F or S-F or S-S then the system will work.

Please tell me if any more problem is there

Regards,

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt that user status will solve the issue. User exit CONFPS04 may help you. Also check CONFPS01, CONFPS02, CONFPS03, CONFPS05.

Reagrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am pretty sure user statuses can solve this issue for you. Exactly how is something I need to look into. Just giving you some food for thought.

Regards

Renjith