cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport TPZ file from DEV to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While transporting(tpz) from DEV to Quality can we transport Configuration Objects?

Regards,

UDR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can. Ideally you should define the transport targets first in SLD. Then go for ID transport.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Can u pls tell me how define the transport targets in SLD or provide me some links to documents to do the same

Regards,

UDR

Edited by: Rajesh Kumar on Feb 11, 2009 9:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can transport the ID items same as IR by creating the tpz file and importing them in Quality server.

For communication channel specific data such as usrID, paswrd, dbname, connection string which are environment specific you need to re enter them in Quality accordingly.

But prior to this you need to create your transport targets in SLD. You can login to SLD and there when you go to business and technical system, you get the option to create the transport target systems, which will be SAP XI QUA and SAP XI PRD.

Let me know your mailid so that I can mail you the transport related documents.

Adios

Ravijeet

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. you can also transport configuration objects. But you need to reconfigure your comunication channels with correct source and target directory, along with any user credentials and make the objects active.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can.

Check this for Configuring Groups and Transport Targets

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can.

but in Communication Channels logon credentials & other server settings need to be entered manually

& also you need transport targets in SLD.

Regards

Vishnu