Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC from one plant to be Extend in other Plant Codes

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAPians,

I want to extend the MIC from one plant to other 7 plant codes. Please guide how can i do it?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

If MIC of Existing plant needs to be used exactly for other plants, no need of creating/extending for other plants.

Instead when u r creating an inspection plan for a second plant use the same MIC code and assign existing MIC plant code.

If you want to have same MIC's available for other plants you need to create through QS21 Transaction

by copy function

Regards

Venugopal

Edited by: Venugopal Dudgundi on Feb 12, 2009 7:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

You can use the mic of one plant in other inspection plan of material of other plant. For Ex

MIC - Length - defined in plant 1000

you can use this MIC for inspection plan for a material which is defined in plant 2000.

So no need to extend the MIC to other plant.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kundan,

Thanks for your valuable reply but the question is HOW CAN I EXTEND THE MIC FROM ONE PLANT TO ANOTHER PLANT???

Please answer if you have.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

Please let us know under what circumstances you need to extend the mic from one plant to another?

Any way try to use Trx QL21 for the same. I have not used so far.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

As suggested by Kundan, it is recommended to use the MICs created in one plant in other plants, to reduce the duplication of master data.

If the MIC parameters / control indicators are different in other plant, then you can change in the inspection plan or create new MIC by copying the MIC from other plant, but you cannot extend MIC from one plant to other plant.

If your business says all the MICs should be plant specific, then create MICs in all the plants by copying from the existing plant. You can use master data uploading tools for large volume of data.

With Best Regards,

Vithal