Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM_Connection maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have the below doubt.

While creating the logical object for API's, it ask for a parameter MDM Connection.

I am providing the details, but on saving the message displayed is: "The entry does not exist in MDM_Connection table".

So, to maintain the entry in the table MDM_Connection, when I use SE16, the message displayed is: "Table maintenance is not allowed for table MDM_Connection".

Any idea on how to proceed next? When the table maintenance is not allowed how to make the entry?

Thank you,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

There are prerequisites to creating logical object:

1.Maintain the Sever details in the Tcode MDMAPIC -> MDM Server Connections. After that you will be able to save it.

2.The same way maintain the Dbms details in Mdm Dbms Hosts in the MDMAPIC tcode.

After saving it here, you will find it populated in the table MDM_Connection automatically. Then you can go ahead and create the logical object.

Thank you,

Jayati.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

As rightly mentioned by the above post you need to make some settings in the MDMAPIC transactions before you access the MDM data through ABAP Api.

Check for three main imp things:

- For accessing transaction MDMAPIC on your R3 system, you need to have software component u201CMDM TECHNOLOGYu201D installed on your R3 system.

- In MDMAPIC transaction under the MDM server connections you need to mention MDM server that you want to connect and its port.Without this seeting API cannot access the MDM server.

- Mention the IP of teh Abapa server you wish to allow access to in the allow.ip file and palce it in your MDM server.

To know more on the ABAP API configurations kindly refer the below link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e03247a3-2f2a-2b10-4987-a2d8b2ce...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto