cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone explain in detail what is the purpose of integrating Revision level with Engineering change management? I am not clear in this concept

Thank u

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a Material is changed to revision level A, the BOM which uses this material also has change to use this new revision of material. So also, Routing.

Now, for BOM and Routing we identify this new structure by using ECM and its valid from date. ( we don't use revision level there obviously because other changes also could happen to these data not related to material and then we can't identify that revision B of routing and revision B of material are related- so, ECM is the best choice)

The ECM number thus helps to track the assciated change for other master data due to a revision in material master. To know which is this ECM number that helps the tracking, along with the revision we input the ECM number also for the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janev,

i still did't understand the difference between Revision Level and ECM. iam still confused.

Can you explain with an example and in a more detailed way.

if you have any document besides help material, can you forward to it my email: KANTH.SDN@GMAIL.COM.

Thanks,

Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECM allows you to manage multiple objects under one ECM.

Like BOM, Routings, Material Master.

This ensures that users are using the correct revision numbers.

It also allows cross ref from revision to ECM.

ECM is where you can find the reason for changes and all the objects affected due to engineering change.

Without the ECM no one will know just looking at revision at material master why and what really changed.