cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My question is regarding Tax Code.I need to know that if I maintain the tax code by mentioning the name & description w/o enter the BED , ECess,SECess and CST /LST , then would I get the BED / ECess/ SECess in the sales order from chapter ID or not ?

Plz suggest me.

Best regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every excisablematerial u have to maintain chapter id, also excise rates.Now coming to ur query regarding tax code, as u said ur using taxinj, if you are creating tax code in this if ur not giving any values in tax code for BED,Ecess,Hcess,CSt/VAt. then u have to maintain condition records for each condition type. only in tax code give UTXJ 100%.

if ur not maintaing chapter id it gives u message at time of creating excise inv.

bye

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

As per your reply,it means I can create order without chapter ID by getting all the excise rates through Tax Code but would not be able to create Excise Invoice without ChapterID.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

If you maintain the tax code by mentioning the name & description w/o enter the BED , ECess,SECess and CST /LST % for the specific Tax types you will not get the BED , ECess,SECess and CST /LST values in the sales order.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thnks for the reply.Then what is the use of chapter id.

Best regards

Ankur

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

To get in to the use of % which is maintained in the Chapter Id ,you need to maintain 100% in the Tax code maintanence for the specific tax type.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means if we maintain excise rates in the tax code and dont maintain the chapter ID then all the excise rates will be picked in the sales order.

Best regards,

Ankur

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

You need to maintain the Excise rates in the chapter ID Like 14%,2% and 1%

At the same time you also need to keep 100% in the Tax code maintanence for the BED and Cess condition types.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means Excise rates can only picked by maintaining both Tax Code & Chapter ID.

Can I expect for CST & LST also ? If I maintain the rate in tax code only then it would be picked in the sales order.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Bed , ecess and he cess are not determined from the chapter id

they are determined from condition records

while creating condition records in vk11 we need to give tax code

let us know whic procedure u r using

taxinn or taxinj

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rithvika ,

Thnks for the reply.We are using TAXINJ,then what is the role of chapter Id.

If I dont maintain all the excise rates in the tax code,then what would be the affect in the sales order?

Best regards,

Ankur