Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering a deleted Program...!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I accidentally deleted an abap program in my development server for which a request is not yet created.

Is there a way to recover the program again.

Any Help would be Appreciated.

Thanks & Regards ,

Ravi S.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the link:

Thanks,

Omkaram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had you transfer it to your QAS or PRD server. You can open it to those server then copy and paste it to dev.

Regards,

Mon Magllanes

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jus create a program with the same name as earlier (which is deleted)

got utilities->versions->version management and sel;ect the earlier version and click display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have version management in ABAP which can be used to retrieve the deleted programs.

P.S. This applies only to retrieve back the source code of the program.

Goto SE38-> Give the same name as your deleted program> In the editor> Utilities-> Version---> version management.

Select the version you want to retrieve.

Thanks

Sharath

0 Kudos

Hy guys,

Tried to recover a deleted program with version manangement...

After creating the program with the same name...you know SAP asks if you want to save the program...unfortunately I saved the program (don`t know what I was thinking) and now in version management it only shows this new and empty version of the program.

Any other things I can try?

I don`t have a "basis guy" that I can ask for help. I have installed SAP on my computer from home and I was trying to finish a small SAP app for my bachelor`s degree:(

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 31, 2011 2:38 PM

abap_team
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Try the details in the link below.

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its $tmp object and not transported early you cannot retrive it back.

or else check this.

[retrive deleted program|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=22128396&messageID=4468894]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

if you had created the VERSIONS for that program through Utilities ---> VERSIONS ---> Generate_Version. Then you could have recover that program from the Version.

Regards

Pinaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Kindly go through this link below:

Hope it helps.

Regrds

Mansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE38 and In the editor> Utilities-> Version---> version management.

Regards,

Jyothi CH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless untill you store it in any development class it is not possible to retrive the program back.

If it is stored it as local object in other words if you stored it in $tmp then it is not at all possible to get back the program.