cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error calling Enterprise Service as an ABAP proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while consuming Enterprise service through ABAP.

We have created an ABAP proxy from a WSDL and are trying to call it from an ABAP program.

A SYSTEM FAULT exception is getting raised in the ABAP program.

The exception I can see in logs is

u201CA SOAP Runtime Core Exception occurred in method CL_SXMLP_DATA_ST=============CM004 class CL_SXMLP_DATA_ST=============CP at position id 48 with internal error id 1001 and error text CX_ST_GROUP_MISSING_CASE:XSLT exception.Element 'Response' missing (fault location is 1).u201D

When I check the payload trace in SOAMANAGER I can see the call is returned successfully with a valid response message.

Any pointers on this ? Is this a problem because the ABAP system is not able to handle a large payload or is it because some Support patches are missing?

We are running on PI 7.0 SP 15.

CHEERS

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl make the output(response) as optional.you can do in sproxy transaction.

Thanks

joan_ayala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you solve this problem ? Please reply.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

the info you supply is a bit sparse.

... the call is returned successfully with a valid response message ...

What is a valid response? Obviously, for your parser it's invalid. Do you mean a non-empty reply? a reply containing some content and no SOAP error? do you mean it looks very much like XML? Did you validate it against a schema?

actually, your error is for instance thrown if your service is offered from an Apache Axis based system which is using the <multiRef>-element which is specific to Axis and not supported by the parser of WAS ABAP (it isn't supported anywhere but in the Axis/Java world). So, what looks perfectly valid to you and Axis is invalid for (or at least not understood by) the rest of the world. You could turn that off on Axis, but again this is just a guess...

anton