cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data file code page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While performing the migration I want to change the code page for data file as SAP suggested from the note 552464

Possible values: 4102 , 4103, 1100.

Now I like to know how can I find the data file code page and how do we need to change the values.

Please give your thoughts.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In Unicode SAP systems, the coding of a file is set to UTF-8 by default.

Set the code page according to the actual content of the file. If the data quality is poor, you can select the Continue Despite Conversion Errors to continue working despite the errors u2013 with a u2018#u2019 or the replacement character specified here as the replacement character.

For more info related to this please check the SAP Note 1066952.

Warm Regards.

Mohammed Hassan Naveed

SAP Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but your answer didnt solve my problem..

I just gave the value for data file code page at the installation.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I'm not sure I understand your scenario, what is it exactly you are trying to do? Note 552464 seems clear to me.

@Mohammed - Your answer is incorrect and has nothing to do with this issue. Please do not post such answers, as they are misleading and can lead to errors and mistakes.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

Let me clear you now.

I am in the phase of OS/DB Migration. While exporting the BW system I got the error as nametab too old and its stopped the expot in the middle.In my finidings I have found that we need to change the data file code page at the time of installation(difference in unicode and non unicode). We need to change this value as 4103(unicode intel processor) from 1100 (non unicode) at the time of installation.

Hope I have cleared you now.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is correct. It also looks like you're performing a Unicode conversion, not just a OS/DB migration.

Is your problem solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,.

Yes. Its an Unicode conversion and OS/DB migration. My problem is solved and started working on the post installaton activites .

Regards

Vijay

Answers (0)