cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition type inactive in Shipment Costing - Help Please

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I just set up a new system implementing shipment costings for inbound deliveries. We have created a new condition type to capture customs duty percentage and I have created a condition record for it. The condition type is created with cal. base B (delivery item).

When I created the shipment cost document using VI01, and tried to maintained a cost for the the first delivery item, I can see the customs duty condition type defaulting on the condition screen and with the percentage entered but with the Yellow triangle. On looking at the details, it said that the condition is 'Inactive due to calculation basis/shipping material type'. Note that I have other condition types to enter a value so that the custom duty amount is calculated.

I noticed that if I proceed to maintain data for the next item and go back to this item, the condition will be active,

Does anybody know why?

Appreciate any help on this.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

No answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check what "condition class" you gave to this condtion in the config. Is that discount surcharge or price or something else..?

If you give discount surcharge it will be calulated individually. If you give price then check the access sequence. It will calculate that % or fixed values based on the base value(Which might be a previous condition in your access sequence). So you need to check what base condition defined in the access sequence. Condition class is the real one that drives these pricing calculation in shipement cost docs..

So if you defined as price class then you will have to add another condition in your shipment cost document to remove that error..

Madhu