Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign UMR defaults to groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, quick question. I heard that it is possible to create a group and assign the UMR default tab attributes to this group. The idea being any user assigned to this group would inherit the defaults (date, language, decimal, time etc) assigned to the group. This would eliminate the need for manually, or with an eCATT having to maintain these defaults. However, I created a test group and cannot find anyway to assign anything but users. Is this even possible? Is there anywhere else to set these defaults to be automatically assigned when a user is created?

We are attempting this in CRM 2007, BI 7.0 and ECC 6.0.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Todd

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great question...one that can make life of security admin easier

So I had similar issue and I was not able to find a user group that can populate the default tab with the values that you normally want them to have.

I finally resorted to create a transaction variant for it using t-code SHD0 ...if you have idea about it you can do that or else sit with some ABAP guys and he can help you. Also you can transport it to all the places where you need this default value. check it in your sandbox or dev system ...I guess it is useful to have it done....no more problems of having to maintain default values for every user.

One issue that I faced while doing this is that we wanted our date format to be MM/DD/YYYY but even with transaction variant created for it ..it was showing as DD.MM.YYYY.....though everything else like language as EN etc was working properly.

We figured out that there is parameter zcsa/moddatfm ( Parameter for Default date format when creating users with transactions SU01 ). By default its value is 1 for DD.MM.YYYY and it has to be changed to 2 for MM/DD/YYYY to make this work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I heard that it is possible to create a group and assign the UMR default tab attributes to this group.

I have not heard of that.

But it is possible to use the company address data to default some information as well as other settings already mentioned.

Another option is to use a template user per user group and copy it (do not use the "Reference user" type for this... as that is a different concept).

Cheers,

Julius