cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling chart visibility based on "active" table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone has a technique for displaying a chart based on a table row selection. To clarify, my scenario is as follows:

I have a model with two tables, summary and detail. The summary table is populated by a BI query. The detail table is populated by another BI query based on the currently selected row in the summary table. I also have 2 charts, summary and detail. The requirement is to display the summary chart whenever a user clicks on a row in the summary table and display the detail chart whenever the user clicks on a row in the detail table. ie. I need to toggle visibility between the summary and detail charts depending on whether the user clicks on a summary table row or detail table row.

The table select event cannot be used because whenever the user selects a row in the summary table, the query to load the detail table is triggered, which also results in a select event being triggered in the detail table.

What is required here is a method to identify when a table row is physically clicked. This is not the same as the select event. A table always has a selected row by default, even if a row has not been physically clicked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One solution could be - Use of radio buttons. You can create radio buttons equal to number of rows of the summary & detail table. By using visibility conditions with these radio buttons you can hide or display your drilldown charts.

regards

Sandeep