cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM "Permission denied"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am getting an error saying "Permission denied" while starting JSPM.

I tried with my user id which should have necesary permissions ( Not <SID>adm )..

how do i check if have permissions to use JSPM when i am able to start VA and Configtool by using the same ID ?

Any suggestions ? Please help...

Thanks!

Addy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must use SIDADM , for example using runas.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5006901f-925c-2910-5f98-9ae26cc0...

check 11 page.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sergo,

Thanks for the useful link..i have read in some document saying that we can use sid<adm> or an any user with necessary permission to start JSPM.

So, my doubt was that if we can use any other user..you mean to say that only sid<adm> is the only user which can start JSPM and it is not at all possible with any other user ?

Thanks!

Addy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where you read it about JSPM ?

In all documentations i'm read only about SIDADM user ...

Like this for example :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/25/c45b4211aac353e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

You have logged on to the operating system as a <SID>adm user. If you have not done this, you must switch to it before starting to use JSPM .

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo,

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

i was bit confused when i was able to start VA using my own UID/PW. but, the configtool and JSPM needs only SID<adm> to use it.

1.What are the other difference JAVA tools which requires only SID<adm> ?

2.Do i need to request for SID<adm> password for starting the configtool/JSPM ( i am not provided with the SID<adm> password )

3.Can you please help me with the steps for solaris box ( i use my UID/PW to login and su -SID<adm> where i need to give SID<adm> password..is that the only thing i have to do for starting configtool ? )

Thanks for your help and appreciate your time..

Addy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread..