cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Invoice Check in SRM 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client has posted a duplicate invoice and it has been paid. The first invoice and this second invoice (the duplicate) were identical except for the created date. The first was created 04/01/2008 and the second created 01/20/2009. Why did the system allow this duplicate to post and be paid?

Where can I look to see how our system is checking for Duplicate Invoices? I assumed that it looked at Vendor, Amount, Vendor Invoice Number and Posting Date. Is this assumption incorrect?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try tis report BBP_IV_UPDATE_PAYMENT_STATUS.

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

Have a look at the following OSS Note:

Note 720179 - Check for entry of duplicate invoices in the ERS

Thanks,

Pradeep

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it is a very serious issue.check up with fico consultant and to take the money back from the vendor due to duplicate invoice by creating credit memo.

plz see some work around suggestion.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/srm/bbp_doc_check_badi-Checking_Multiple_Entries_of_Invoice

regards

Muthu

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are posting invoices in ECC or R/3, then you can see duplicate invoice check setting under MM>Logistics invoice verifn>Incoming invoice-->Set Check for duplicate invoices. Here you can define your settings for duplicate invoice check for your company code. If you have maintained the indicators for 'Check Reference' as well as 'Check invoice date' then system would throw an error message only when the both the reference and the date are matching. If the date is different and the reference is same, then it would allow posting of invoice.

To avoid this you can set the indicator only for 'Check reference'. In this case error message would be thrown even if the dates are different but the reference is same.

Also you can make the error message as hard error instead of warning which is the standard type.

Regards,

Sanjeev