cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting MDM Repositories Automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the MDM repositories to mount automatically when the system is restarted. Is this even possible?

I see the the "Autostart" parameter in the mds.ini file, which I believe causes MDM to automatically load all mounted repositories. I thought maybe this parameter would automatically mount them as well, but it does not seem to work. The Autostart parameter was set to "0" by default, I tried changing to "True" and to "1" but neither seemed to make any difference. It is a huge pain to manually mount them every time we have to restart MDM. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Bret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bret,

You can automtically mount your rep using the CLIX commands.

CLIX is a command line interface which is can be used to perform MDM opertaions using commands written in dos prompt.

It is not any operations sytem dependent so it acn work irrespective of where your MDM server is mounted.

The command for mounting rep is:

Command: Repository Mount

Code:RM

Description: Mount an MDM repository.

You can refer the MDM console guide to know more on this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Clix Command line interface

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the CLIX command interface installed separately? I am running on AIX and do not see an executable named CLIX. When I try to run a command it says CLIX not found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bret,

CLIX is a separate MDM application that allows you to manage the MDM software and MDM repositories using a command line interface instead of the MDM Console.

the MDM software is typically controlled using the Windows-based MDM Console, which provides functional capabilities within an interactive point-and-click environment.

By contrast, CLIX makes most operational MDM Console commands accessible via a command line interface and from within batch files, making it useful for scheduling and automating routine maintenance.

As per the SAP Guide the CLIX runs on all platforms for which MDM has been released, including Windows, Linux and Solaris (contrasting with the MDM Console, which is exclusively a Windows-based application.

So it should allow you to use clix with all platforms on which MDM server can be installed.(Not very sure of AIX as it is not mnetioned specifically in the guide)

CLIX is a text based inputs and outputs using command line interface.

So make sure you are using the correct commands and try:

The basic syntax of a CLIX command is:

CLIX command_name [arguments] [option flags]

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anyone has experience using CLIX I would appreciate some help. When trying to run the following CLIX command I keep getting an "invalid password" error. There is no console password, ie MDS Scone=<null>.

Here is the command as entered:

clix repMount CINMQ00:O:MQ1 VENDOR_TEST:CINMQ00:O:MQ1: 2345

MDM server hostname = CINMQ00

Repository name - VENDOR_TEST

What am I doing wrong here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I'm going to answer my own question since I finally figured it out through trial and error. The CLIX documentation is very confusing in my opinion. This is the proper syntax for the command to mount the repository:

clix repMount <hostname> <Repository Name>:<DMBS Server>:O:<repository user ID>:<password> <port#>

Where "O" = database type Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bret,

It is possible to get the repositories mounted automatically when you open the MDM Console. Set the parameter Autostart = True in MDS.ini file (This will load all the repositories present on the server but cannot mount them). In addtion you need to save the console settings, for this open the MDM Console, Mount the server and the desired repositories, go to file and click on save. Now select the MDM Console icon, right click on it select properties, in the target input add the below line

u2013f "C:\Desktop\SAP MDM Servers.mcs" i.e. your .mcs file path

Open the MDM Console, you will get the mounted server and the repositories you have saved in .mcs file. You can also specify -q which automatically saves when you exit the Console.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bret,

I have been successful loading repositories using Autostart=True in mds.ini file. Just check that when you unarchive a repository or create a repository on the server, respective entry is made in the mds.ini file. If it unsuccessful then there could be 2 reasons a. mds.ini file is not in the right location or there are no correct permissions. What verson of MDM you are running?

Thanks. Shai