cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3: CUP link in e-mail notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have a problem in SP06 where the link in the notification e-mails (for approval, submission, closing, etc.) are "View" and the hyperlink to the system is http://<server>:<port>/AE/=http://<server>:<port>/AE/index.jsp?verifyApproverLogin.do%22342342358283... string of numbers). There is an equal sign after the first entry that invalidates the link, making the users unable to click it. Has anyone come across this? Is there anyway to fix it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

For me, SP06 is working fine. I did not face any issues. I think the issue has to do with the URL set up.

The way CUP creates these URLs is different. Whenever J2EE is restarted, these URLs in CUP get replaced. Whoever opens CUP URL first time after the restare, CUP uses that particular URL to build email notifications. Eg. If after the J2EE restart first person to login to CUP opens CUP using xxx.sap.com then CUP will use this URL to build email notification.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I understand what you're saying about the first person to login after restart, as we're using an internal alias for the GRC server, and that's working fine. My issue occurred, however, when I entered in the application and redirect fields in the Workflow -> SMTP. I didn't see any instructions for these new fields in any of the GRC documentation, so I just put in the URLs for the CUP application (server:port/AE). What this seemed to do was add the entries I put in for application and redirection in front of the actual URL link with an = sign separating them. What do you have in your redirection and application fields for SP06?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this error is because of the new application and redirection fields in Workflow -> SMTP. I can't leave these fields blank though, because I get an error upon saving. These fields are mandatory. Does anyone know the table that CUP uses to store SMTP information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I was able to resolve this by first turning on the SQL trace in Visual Administrator, changing the entry in SMTP inside of CUP, and then checking the trace to find that the table it was updating was VIRSA_AE_ERMCONFIG. I then did an update on the rows for redirecturl and applicationurl, replacing them with a NULL value. Restarted the j2ee engine and it is sending out the correct URLs in the e-mail now. This appears to be a bug in SP06. Can anyone confirm?