cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal and Web DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are evaluating the pros and cos with Portal and WEB DMS for DMS solution.

I am working with portal guys to find out the BSP's and iViews required for putting the DMS functionality on portal. On the top of the mind if you have know the same please share.

• Can you do redlining and markups on layers if on portal or webdms*

• Can you execute a digital signature on the portal or webdms? if yes is it possible with some ABAP development or need to use a third party tools? How is the dig signature information captured as we see on the status log in R/3 *

Thanks,

Paddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

the necessary BSPs for WebDocuments could be found in transaction SE80 in package CVAW.

Before you can use WebDMS you have to do some customizing in transaction CVAW_CUS first. For further information please see also the link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/plm/webdocuments.

According to your questions I can provide you the following information:

- Unfortunatly the ECL Viewer is not supported in WebGUI and so redlining is not available.

- regarding the digital signature process I have no detailed information but I think it should also work in

WebGUI.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

Points awarded.

By any chance if you know any third party redlining tool which can be used on portal or web dms, please suggest.

What would be the best solution in a business scenario where you need the customer to review the documents and do the redlining apart from cFolder.

Thanks,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paddy

The digital signature functionality is not working in webdms. When the status for signature comes, the system just pops up the message for that, but we will not find any way to execute the signature.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Appreciate you reply. I am stuck with these two roadblocks...redlining and digital signature on the web dms or portal. But I strongly believe that its there but some how its not working. Or else it would not have given the error digital signature is required for this status . Even I have noticed that if you display the PDF file in the EAI viewer the zoom or move options does not work but then it works for the JT files where I can rotate , zoom or pan the 3D object. Did you tried this?

Paddy

Answers (0)